PDX10 runs out of power at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion
...plus TRV900, PD100A and other Sony DV camcorders.

Old March 20th, 2005, 01:50 PM   #1
Major Player

PDX10 runs out of power

make sure you stock up on batteries for the PDX

'coz they are now history

list of discontinued products

http://www.ecat.sony.co.jp/tourist/videocamera/bak.cfm?B2=85&LG=1&PG=2

Beware ***PLUGGER-BYTES***
John Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2005, 03:06 PM   #2
Regular Crew

John,

I'm not surprised they are coming to an end, because there are several generic brands that are as good for a fraction of the price, I have bought 3 different ones from ebay and they are great. Used and recharged many times.
Chris Thiele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2005, 03:13 PM   #3
Wrangler

Hmm... with the batteries being phased out it makes you wonder if the camera is next? But we already have a thread about that in area 51 :-)

John: can you explain exactly what that "ecat" website is, and who it's intended for?
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2005, 03:37 PM   #4
Major Player

if you find yourself in Ginza , Tokyo on the second floor of the Sony main building you can purchase electronic goods from the Sony store ( you can even buy Sony branded clothes - suits and shirts - the mind boggles!!!)

Anyway to aid your selection they provide a hard copy catalog of goods to choose from - the 'ecat' is simply the electronic version of that catalog - useful for people planning a visit

I find it useful to keep tabs on new stuff etc

Beware ***PLUGGER-BYTES***
John Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2005, 10:00 AM   #5
Contributor

Perhaps this means the sequel to the PDX10 will be a different form factor. Now would that be an HDV model? Interesting times ahead.

Weird that the batteries would be EOL-ed since several consumer models use the same standard.
Old April 28th, 2005, 10:35 AM   #6
Trustee

You can get power cords to run off 12v, with the lighter plug, and fused from Bescor. I use one of these with their 9 hour gel cell battery or to charge the on camer abttery while driving to and from locations.

Use this type of car cord only...it has the proper step down from 12VDc to 8VDc for the camera. If you attempt to feed raw 12VDc into the camera, you will likely kill the power circuits. No more charging batteries on the camera, no more AC power. Be very careful when buying or building stuff like this.

The Bescor unit is correctly wired and regulated.

SMM

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony TRV950 / PDX10 Companion