G1 footage online - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old September 14th, 2006, 12:07 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaku Ito
Looks like I will have the cam for few hours beginning of Oct..

Oh yeah! Can't wait!
Juan Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2006, 07:15 PM   #17
Major Player

*feeling of deja vu* ;-)
Barlow Elton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2006, 11:22 AM   #18
Trustee

I will have some clips by the 2nd week of Oct..
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2006, 12:34 PM   #19
Obstreperous Rex

I've got some server space already carved out and waiting for you, Kaku! Thanks,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2006, 09:47 PM   #20
Trustee

I will try to reproduce the similar scenes as XL-H1 as much as possible.
Old September 17th, 2006, 01:10 PM   #21
Major Player

why do all these people have the Sony V1 and we should see something "soon", but nothing much but that little 5 sec of the Canon A1 from IBC?

It made wonder too how a few places like B&H started taking pre orders for the Canon now that the Sony is coming out. Get those credit card numbers while you can!

Does anyone else find it odd that Canon announced this camera back in July and we have really nothing on it? Maybe that's the way they do business. Maybe the Spot's, the Heath's and the Chris's can't say anything.
Bob Zimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2006, 01:21 PM   #22
Wrangler

Naw, I don't see any secrecy conspiracies here. Canon announces their new stuff not more than a few months before it actually ships, and the XH cameras seem to be following that formula. They have generally stuck close to their originally announced release dates, and you haven't seen footage from the cameras until the cameras were just about to be released. Late July to (?) mid-October isn't that much time in terms of announcing and shipping a product and about usual for Canon.

Presumably, that's because they don't announce or hand out engineering samples until they're pretty darn sure they've got it all worked out and won't run into last minute tech troubles. In fact, I was quite surprised they announced the 6x lens -- sans some specifics -- way back at NAB (April) for a November release.

Each manufacturer has its own style; some others have announced cameras well over a year before the actual release came around, and then slipped the dates, changed their stories, etc etc. That just has to do with marketing style. I don't think NDAs have anything to do with the lack of XH footage...Canon's just not ready for that step yet, I believe.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2006, 01:28 PM   #23
Major Player

Thanks Pete. Hopefully we can see some reviews from both "soon"
Bob Zimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2006, 12:24 PM   #24
Trustee

I thought I was gonna get my hands on A1, but it looks like I will have G1 instead for few days. And my source showed canon about this thread and I was able to have the opportunity. Thanks all.
Old September 20th, 2006, 01:17 PM   #25
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaku Ito
And my source showed canon about this thread and I was able to have the opportunity.
That's a good sign. :)
Barlow Elton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2006, 07:46 AM   #26
Regular Crew

any new footage?

I'm surprised there is no new footage of the A1. We're a couple of weeks away from the shipping date and the only footage I've seen was not real encouraging. The video from the new Sony's looks great... come on Canon, we're rooting for you.
Donald White is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders