CineForm workflow questions - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 9th, 2006, 06:38 AM   #46
Wrangler

Christopher, first make sure that you have the most current build of Aspect HD, currently v4.02 (build 54). Within a very short time they released a couple of builds to fix bugs, and at least one of the bugs involved a codec problem. You can just install the updates over the previous build -- no muss, no fuss.

I haven't tried it yet myself, so I can't say with certainty that there are no Cineform limitations, but the new Production Studio now allows you to import an AE 7 composition directly to the PPro 2 timeline. That way, you shouldn't even have to render in AE...just open up PPro 2 and directly import the composition from the AE file.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2006, 09:57 AM   #47
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Bauer
Christopher, first make sure that you have the most current build of Aspect HD, currently v4.02 (build 54).
OK, I downloaded v4.02 (build 54), but I'm still not sure how to create HD clips in AE to import into a PPro 2 Aspect HD project.

Quote:
I haven't tried it yet myself, so I can't say with certainty that there are no Cineform limitations, but the new Production Studio now allows you to import an AE 7 composition directly to the PPro 2 timeline.
I tried that, but I think there are limitations (or I am doing something wrong). For example, I created a simple AE clip using Trapcode Particular. When I export a Premiere Project and try and open with PPro 2, an error dialog says it can't find Particular.

Best,
Christopher
Christopher Glaeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2006, 10:32 AM   #48
Major Player

Quote:
That way, you shouldn't even have to render in AE...just open up PPro 2 and directly import the composition from the AE file.
Thanks, I got it to work. I was doing this process backwards, i.e. exporting an AE 7 comp as a Premiere Project, and should have opened the AE project in Premiere. I downloaded the latest Aspect HD release, and imported a small AE effect in PPro 2 using Aspect HD mode. It seems to be working.

Best,
Christopher
Christopher Glaeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2006, 09:55 PM   #49
Regular Crew

Work flow for Aspect HD, PP2 and Sony FX1?

Can anyone point me to threads (or answer here) that discuss:

1. How to capture using Aspect HD and PP2.

2. How to convert to 24 frames.

3. Information on the different frame rate conversion methods.

4. What kind of export to make: avi, mpeg2, ect...

Thanks for the help. I'm new at all of this.
William N Zarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2006, 06:03 PM   #50
Trustee

William,

I recommend a capture from your camcorder to your computer using AspectHD codec or .m2t, then convert from 60i to 24p using DVFilm into AspectHD codec avi. I talk about this in a post on my blog, to which there is a link in my signature.

I know it's more work, but you may want to try the search function on this forum rather than asking around, which we get quite a lot here. You can find a plethora of information just by searching "AspectHD 24p" for instance. or "24p conversion."
Old November 16th, 2006, 09:25 PM   #51
Regular Crew

Thanks Ben! I frequently do utilize the search function (I love it!). But for some reason the returns on this topic were confusing. Perhaps it was my phrasing. I'll try your wording. And thanks for the work flow description.
Old December 12th, 2006, 09:57 AM   #52
Major Player

Up-Rez Workflow

Is there a source I can be directed to which may offer the Vegas workflow for converting footage up-rezzed with either Instant HD or Video Enhancer to the Cineform Codec, and then on to an HD/Blu-Ray DVD?

The footage was shot from a DVX100 in SD, and cropped to 16x9:

Is there any clear disadvantage to this approach (bearing in mind, the footage already exists)? Or some approach I am neglecting?

I know well the disadvantages of up-rezzing vs. originating in HD/HDV, but are there any other intermediate steps which may be eliminated, with the ultimate goal of being able to provide a viable image on a quality HD monitor from a DVD source?

Thanks in advance,

Brian
Brian Mitchell Warshawsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 10:58 AM   #53
Regular Crew

CFHD AVI to DVD workflow?

I did some searching and found a few workflow suggestions but nothing very detailed. Can anyone point me to a tutorial or at least help me through how to encode a CFHD avi in TMPGEnc 4.0 and then how to input into a DVD app like Encore?

Should I encode my avi in TMPGEnc as a mpeg or mpeg2? What bitrates are good? My film is 30 minutes long.

I am specifically not using adobe's encoder because it makes my titles look like crap! (like bloated crayons). Using an external encoder solved this problem.

Also, should I even export my movie from PP2 as a CFHD avi or as an M2T?

Sorry for all the naive questions. I'm new to all of this.
Old February 12th, 2007, 02:18 AM   #54
New Boot

Using AE for final correction is exactly what Stu Maschwitz suggests in his DV Rebel's Guide. Using the 8 bit Cineform form your basic edit and then importing the project to AE for finishing should work fine. You can then work in 16bit or even 32 bit floating point if you like. Stu suggests using image sequences for final output, and AE 7.0 supports 16 bit tiff. Another option is a lossless codec such as SheerVideo which can be had for about $150 and will save some disk space for 10 bit output.

Rob.
Robert Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2007, 10:24 AM   #55
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Stewart
Thanks David, will a prospect hd trial be available soon/at all to compare the 2 (aspect/prospect)

Mike
Both are now available for 15days trials.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase