JVC Everio HDV camera at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.

Old October 6th, 2005, 04:08 AM   #1
Contributor

JVC Everio HDV camera

Hi,

I have found this

http://www.avmagazine.it/news/videocamere/430.html

is a new hdtv camcorder with 80GB Hard Disk

Francesco
Francesco Marano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2005, 01:18 PM   #2
Regular Crew

my italian is a bit rough but did it say coming out next month?
Old October 6th, 2005, 01:27 PM   #3
Trustee

Here is the translation using a free translator:

"In occasion of the CEATEC, JVC presents a couple of new camcorders with hard disk integrated some line Everio, with capacity of 30GB and 80GB: this finish model can record also upwards definition"

Tokyo - CEATEC, Ottobre 2005. "JVC presented a serious news of hard disk camcorder of the line Everio that will come introduced in the next months. The models to resolution standard will be provided of hard inside disk from 30 GB that will allow an autonomy of about 8 hours with the greatest quality.

JVC showed also a new Everio with rigid disk from quite 80 GB that registers in developed HDTV with resolution of 1280x720 you push. The camcorder (in the photograph more upwards) is provided of very bright optician (F1,8) and optic zoom lens 10X.

Unfortunately not not we have information on price and availability of the novelty I model HD."
Old October 6th, 2005, 02:12 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Ah. Thanks Murph.
I'm guessing the 1280*720 will be 30p. like the Gr-hd1 consumer.
Can't wait for more info.
Old November 29th, 2005, 08:33 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Getting near December now, I wonder if this is going to get here before the end of the year, anybody hear of anything?
Wayne Morellini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2005, 08:32 AM   #6
Inner Circle

New Everio to do 1080i?

I have found this English copy of the announcement claiming the definition Everio will do 720p or 1080i, at 25Mb/s HDV. 2.5 hours at 25Mb/s is just about 30Gb as they say. It reads weirdly and sounds to good to be true, but if anybody else sees anything else about this, please let us know.

Now all we need is 25p, better than HC1 manual controls, preferably better than HC1 component output, better than HC1 sensor, with better low light performance and 36Mb/s recording. Even 1080p at 25fps. And here I am watching David Letterman's "Oprah" special where they are claiming that CBS will be reporting on their show after doing a news feature on "Hell Frozen Over". Sort of feels like the likely hood of getting these features on the new Everio ;)

It does say that release is dependant on HD demand. Well I got news for them in Japan, HDTV has been here in Australia for years, forget making us wait for Europe. People might actually like the option of having family footage in HDV for when they buy a HDTV (or most computers) or to film for HDTV.

http://www.newlaunches.com/archives/...hard_drive.php
Old December 2nd, 2005, 10:26 PM   #7
Major Player

HDD HD JVC Everio

IMHO...What I believe this means is that they have developed a couple prototypes, and could build it VERY soon if they wanted to, but without seeing how the majority of consumers respond to expensive HD cameras (in terms of consumer expensive, not prosumer/professional expensive). This product as it exists right now would most likely be around 2000-2500 and with only one HD camera in the market at that price right now, they do not want to make the investment of going into production unless they know it will be profitable for them.

On a second note, JVC is still in the process of determining how the consumer market responds to hard drive based camcorders. Most people don't even realize they exist. Most people are just discovering that there are now DVD camcorders (which have been a big success for Sony, so Canon began producing them) I'm pretty sure the DVD camcorders have only been out about 3.5 years now

As JVC gains more awareness around the HDD based cameras, they will increase the production of the higher end models, like the HD 720p/1080i? models. It will most likely be another 6 months to a year for the format to catch on, and for other companies to start producing hard drive camcorders and then we will see HD hard drive based cameras.
Noah Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2005, 08:28 AM   #8
Inner Circle

I agree, but I think that due to the long delay of the low end Pal camera, it could be due, and a tape based version might be cheaper.
Old December 3rd, 2005, 12:15 PM   #9
Major Player

Well, I hope it looks good and doesn't have that cheap-bluish-pixelated tinge some of their other consumer cameras have had (though that little tiny Everio 3CCD/5 megapixel camera one is a dream). Sounds like it would be a better buy than the HC1, but it'd better have at least a couple more manual controls on it. Now if it filmed in HD1/HD10U quality without the edge enhancement, then that's a must have for B-camera status.
Old December 3rd, 2005, 10:10 PM   #10
Trustee

I have and use the JVC 3CCD Everio MC500 and am pleased with it's performance. If they make an HDV variant- I will buy one asap- no more tapes for me (once you adopt a tapeless-captureless workflow- it's hard to turn back!!!)

JVC count me in- now bring it on!
Old December 3rd, 2005, 10:36 PM   #11
Major Player

Full-on translation

http://translate.google.com/translat...%26rls%3Den-us
Eric Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 06:05 AM   #12
Inner Circle

JVC HD Everio soon post?

Have just found this old post from somebody that attended a press conference for the release of Everio cameras in June.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showpost....11&postcount=3
Old January 2nd, 2006, 04:22 AM   #13
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Nunez
I have and use the JVC 3CCD Everio MC500 and am pleased with it's performance. If they make an HDV variant- I will buy one asap- no more tapes for me (once you adopt a tapeless-captureless workflow- it's hard to turn back!!!)

JVC count me in- now bring it on!
Does your Everio have full manual control, ie, shutter and aperture control as well as gain on/off switch?
Old January 2nd, 2006, 06:34 AM   #14
Trustee

The Everio allows for shutter and aperature changes, I don't recall if there's a gain setting but I think it does.
Old January 7th, 2006, 04:18 AM   #15
Major Player

What sort of HD quality can be carried through editing, with these HDD camcorders that devote only about 10GB per hour?

It's interesting, how much easier it is to understand a foreign language, when there's familiar technical concepts and terms to let you form a context. If you know how to pronounce Italian words, you can often recognize semi-cognates that are camouflaged on a page by the, shall we say, extravagent spelling they use.
J. Stephen McDonald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series