Cineporter to be released in Q4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Closed Thread

Old September 27th, 2006, 12:57 PM   #1
New Boot

Cineporter to be released in Q4

I just got an email back from a Specialized Communications rep and it states:

"We have recently redesigned the chassis and are dealing with a few manufacturing issues. Currently we're looking at shipping in the fourth quarter. There will be new pictures on our website soon..."
Old September 27th, 2006, 02:17 PM   #2
Major Player

I'm betting we see 16GB P2 cards and a major price cut on 4GB and 8GB cards before we see the final Cineporter.
Old September 30th, 2006, 07:46 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Waiting almost a year for something to come out...
Old September 30th, 2006, 08:28 PM   #4
Trustee

They never promised earlier than the summer. That's not bad in this world. Stop grousing. If it works well we'll be happy they tested it.
Old October 1st, 2006, 06:12 AM   #5
Major Player

Ditto that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Levy
They never promised earlier than the summer. That's not bad in this world. ...If it works well we'll be happy they tested it.
I'd much rather wait and be sure it works well right out of the box. The folks building it are contributors here, and have been up-front about it all along. Plus, they know what this community wants. For myself, I'm anxious to get one, but am willing to trust them to release it ONLY when they know it will work correctly. (It's kinda' like a little kid trying to rush Christmas. Hopefully we'll find one "under the tree" by then).
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Old October 9th, 2006, 08:47 AM   #6
Specialized Communications

Hi Everyone,

I know how difficult it is to wait for a product release. There are still a couple issues that need resolved before we can post a release date. We are still working hard to release it this year, however, don't hold off on your projects because there may be delays.
The CinePorter™ chassis has been redesigned and the delay has allowed our engineers to redesign some electronics as well. The positive side to this is that the shipping unit will be like buying V.2, even though V.1 never shipped.

I attached a picture of the exploded view and am glad to answer any questions.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Cineporter to be released in Q4-render_explode.jpg  
Old October 9th, 2006, 10:59 AM   #7
Major Player

I really appreciate this exploded diagram. Very cool of you.

1. What is the diameter of the fan? How many RPMs (variable?)? Decibels?
2. Are the SATA drives 3.5" or 2.5"?
3. Can we replace the drives ourselves?
4. What is the total weight of the unit?
5. What length will the P2 card cables be? Will extension cables be available?
Old October 9th, 2006, 11:10 AM   #8

1. 40mm Mag-Lev variable speed fan. We'll have the DB figures on our web site when the chassis testing is complete.
2. 2.5"
3. Not at this time.
4. Less than 2.5lbs
5. The cable is just long enough to be used on the HVX or the SPX. (1ft) Extensions up to 6 ft will be available.

David
Old October 9th, 2006, 07:40 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe
Yes....

I'm betting we see 16GB P2 cards and a major price cut on 4GB and 8GB cards before we see the final Cineporter.
I Spoke to my contact at Panasonic during the CEATEC, the 16GBcard should be released soon... but HOW SOON I have no ideas.

Already a P2 Card at 8GB cost in Japan 1500 USD, if the price could drop more I would love to treat myself with another 8GB one.
Old October 24th, 2006, 10:44 PM   #10
Go Go Godzilla

Expect 16gb cards to be released at the same time the new HPX2100 body comes out, which is due in the US market late winter/early spring. No solid date yet.
Old November 15th, 2006, 07:21 AM   #11

Perhaps we made a mistake in announcing it too early in the development stage. I realize that everyone is impatient and are itching for this solution. Just FYI, it would take a company like Panasonic 2-3 years to bring a product like this to market. It's been less than a year and we are almost done. Besides, you'll understand when we make our next announcement. We have a surprise for you. I think you'll be happy!

Best,

David

Last edited by David Linetsky; November 15th, 2006 at 11:10 AM.
Old November 15th, 2006, 08:15 AM   #12
Regular Crew

David,
I think people are just quite excited about it, me included. So well done, keep up the work, make us the best product you can, can't wait to get my hands on one, as I expect we all do.
Drink at the bar, but don't let the bar stewards get you down.
John
Old November 15th, 2006, 10:23 AM   #13
Major Player

Is there a waiting list?

I want one bad.
Old November 15th, 2006, 11:13 AM   #14

Sam,

There is no waiting list at this time. If you want to be on our mailing list, email Jasmine. jasminer@spec-comm.com

David
Old December 10th, 2006, 02:24 PM   #15
New Boot

ISO rating for Panasonic HVX 200

Does anyone know what the ISO rating for the Panasonic HVX 200 is? haven't performed the gray card test yet.

Also wondered what users were thinking about the significant noise coming from the tape engine when shooting DV. Any great tricks to bypass that?

Also a question for David re: sound interference from the Cineporter itself, i see you have a fan noise reduction in your exploded diagramme - will the Cineporter be quiet to use?

thanks
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders