Premiere 3.2.0 Update at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old April 14th, 2008, 04:47 AM   #1
Major Player

Premiere 3.2.0 Update

Just a heads up!

From the About: Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 3.2.0 update adds native support for the Sony XDCAM range of cameras, including disc-based XDCAM and XDCAM HD cameras, and the newer SxS-based XDCAM EX cameras. This release also includes improved handling of MPEG streams (e.g. HDV video), along with error detection and other important bug fixes.

Its been nice to see the updates as I hardly remember any for the previous versions.

Some info from the Adobe Blogs about the bug fixes and features: http://blogs.adobe.com/davtechtable/...emiere_32.html
Old April 14th, 2008, 05:45 AM   #2
Major Player

Does this update show up for you? it does not in my Updater.
Jiri Fiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 06:01 AM   #3
Major Player

Yeah, I just got it this morning via Automatic Updates.
Old April 14th, 2008, 10:34 AM   #4
Major Player

Yes, me too, sorry for FUD :)
Jiri Fiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 11:18 AM   #5
Trustee

Thank you Josh, update loaded perfectly.
Old April 14th, 2008, 04:40 PM   #6
New Boot

This is brilliant - but the strength of the CS3 thing, is using all the applications together - and as far as I can tell, AE doesn't support XDCAM yet.

I see that they've just released a P2 upgrade to AE, which was in the last Premiere upgrade. Does that mean we'll get XDCAM support in the next AE version? Anyone know how long thats likely to be, another six months or so?
Jonathan Dupont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 04:44 PM   #7
Regular Crew

ANybody got a link to the update? Didn't get it, can't find it on Adobe's site.
Craig Lieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 05:39 PM   #8
Regular Crew

To find the update it is better to run premiere pro CS3 and go to help menu and select updates.

Although this is nice now to have there is a problem with colour bleed on reds on moving images people etc in slow motion. Is any one else having the same issue?

Last edited by Mark Dawson; April 14th, 2008 at 05:39 PM. Reason: change
Mark Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 06:09 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Have not update yet...thanks for the info
Old April 15th, 2008, 11:45 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Now Adobe needs to get crankin' on supporting AVCHD with the Panasonic HMC-150 coming out!
Matt Headley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2008, 03:48 PM   #11
Regular Crew

I have had a response from Adobe and they have confirmed on footage shot using over and under cranck modes on Sony XDCAM F350 that rending of moving red items is causing a colour bleed on the 3.2 update will inform everyone when I hear more from them.
Old April 16th, 2008, 04:39 PM   #12
Major Player

That is awesome that they have responded to you at least. Hopefully their solution is as fast as well.
Old May 1st, 2008, 06:55 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Update on premiere pro CS3 3.2 error

Hi Everyone here is the reply from Adobe on an error i raised not long ago.

Hi Mark,

Mike Hogan from our QA testing department gave me your name and asked me to follow up with you regarding the XDCAM HD issue that you reported with the Premiere Pro 3.2 update. The issue appears to be with the decoder that we use to decompress these files is failing to do so correctly with highly saturated sections of the image (reds in particular). The issue has been reported to the company that we license our decompressor from and they are working to resolve the issue in a future release. In the meantime, until a fix can be incorporated into the application, we have discovered a work around that will allow you to work with the footage correctly. While the work around is far from optimal from a workflow point of view, it is quite effective in resolving the artifacting problem you’ve brought to our attention. The work around is to use Snell and Wilcox’s free utility MXF Desktop to unwrap the MXF essence files (This utility can be acquired here: http://www.snellwilcox.com/mxf/request.php. Doing so will create an M2V video essence and AES audio essence files. Import both the original MXF and the unwrapped M2V video essence file into Premiere Pro CS3 (the AES audio files will not import). Once the M2V file has finished indexing, align and group the new M2V video file with the MXF audio files. The resulting M2V file will be free of the oversaturated artifacting that was evident in the original MXF file.

It’s very unfortunate that this issue was not found during initial preship testing. I apologize for the inconvenience that you’ll need to contend with until the issue is resolved. Thanks again for bring this issue to our attention.

Cheers,

MWood

Adobe DVA Tier 3 Technical Support
Old May 1st, 2008, 09:01 PM   #14
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dawson View Post
Hi Everyone here is the reply from Adobe on an error i raised not long ago.

Hi Mark,

Mike Hogan from our QA testing department gave me your name and asked me to follow up with you regarding the XDCAM HD issue that you reported with the Premiere Pro 3.2 update. The issue appears to be with the decoder that we use to decompress these files is failing to do so correctly with highly saturated sections of the image (reds in particular). The issue has been reported to the company that we license our decompressor from and they are working to resolve the issue in a future release. In the meantime, until a fix can be incorporated into the application, we have discovered a work around that will allow you to work with the footage correctly. While the work around is far from optimal from a workflow point of view, it is quite effective in resolving the artifacting problem you’ve brought to our attention. The work around is to use Snell and Wilcox’s free utility MXF Desktop to unwrap the MXF essence files (This utility can be acquired here: http://www.snellwilcox.com/mxf/request.php. Doing so will create an M2V video essence and AES audio essence files. Import both the original MXF and the unwrapped M2V video essence file into Premiere Pro CS3 (the AES audio files will not import). Once the M2V file has finished indexing, align and group the new M2V video file with the MXF audio files. The resulting M2V file will be free of the oversaturated artifacting that was evident in the original MXF file.

It’s very unfortunate that this issue was not found during initial preship testing. I apologize for the inconvenience that you’ll need to contend with until the issue is resolved. Thanks again for bring this issue to our attention.

Cheers,

MWood

Adobe DVA Tier 3 Technical Support
Thanks for the update. It is nice to see a large company being responsive and vocal :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite