New Music Video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old October 20th, 2007, 06:11 PM   #1
Regular Crew

New Music Video

Hi all i just finished my first video with my jvc 100u, i would like some feed back and opinions

here is the link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KFj9iOl7v4
Old October 21st, 2007, 08:09 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Nice first video, you've got really good performances out of the performers, especially the walking street scenes, i liked that a lot. The track is really strong, really well done.

I REALLY like the street shots, the stood on the car shot, it works with the track very much. Did you do the washed out look in camera or in post?

As for feedback...

Stylistically, i don't think the the blue/green screen sections with pictures in sit well with the rest of the sequence. The street scenes are strong, and have a real washed out, gritty edge to the shots. Cut with the cleaner cut chroma key, almost weather report style shots, it doesn't work for me. (unless this was a style you were going for then ignore that)

Also the shots at the start seem a little too washed out, maybe youtube has processes all the colour depth out of it, but i think it could do with some more grading work especially in the first few shots and the graveyard spot.

Other than that, it really fitted with the track and nice first vid.
Neil Rostance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2007, 02:20 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I'd love to see it as a QT File with better quality
this way its really hard to watch it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems