Final cut pro 6.0.2 Support hdv 50p and 60p native. Yeeeeahh at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old November 14th, 2007, 06:52 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Final cut pro 6.0.2 Support hdv 50p and 60p native. Yeeeeahh

Yes, final cut pro 6.0.2 now with 720/50 60p native support, for editing in mac. Good news for HD200 series users.
Javier Tabares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 01:40 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Some more info:

50p Support

Along with support for a number of recent 50p video formats, Final Cut Pro 6.0.2 includes support for 50 fps timecode in all timecode fields and project properties. A new 50 @ 25 timecode format has been added for deck support and EDL compatibility with 50 fps formats.

Note: Motion, Color, and Soundtrack Pro now support 50p footage as well.

720p50 and 720p60 HDV Tape-Based Device Support

In Final Cut Pro 6.0.2, you can now capture from and output to JVC 720p50 and 720p60 HDV tape-based devices.
Marc Jayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2007, 08:30 AM   #3
Major Player

DR-HD100 50/60p

at the recent JVC pro-hd seminar in NYC, we were told to expect this - and it came right on time! Another important thing to add to the "unofficial" mill is that JVC claim there will be a firmware upgrade for the DR-HD100 firestore to support 50p/60p quicktime capture within "a couple of weeks from apples update".

Very good news for those 200/250 owners with DR-HD100's. This won't be applicable to the FS-4hd units unfortunately.

...and now Tim can add those final items into his DVD and release it already - I think this was one of the things he was hoping to be resolved beforehand.
Make that a sticky Tim, or make sure to email all of us who expressed interest!
Old November 16th, 2007, 01:59 PM   #4
Major Player

so does that mean FCP can also now capture 480p at 60fps?
Alex Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2007, 02:29 PM   #5
HDV Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Humphrey View Post
so does that mean FCP can also now capture 480p at 60fps?
Damn good question. I'm sure Apple wasn't thinking about SLOMO. Try creating a Capture Preset and see if FCP will do what you want.
Old November 17th, 2007, 01:09 PM   #6
Trustee

the release notes did say improved 720P support overall, so I'm going to try some capture tests. maybe the dreaded spurious TC break errors bug has been fixed, as well as how picky FCP is with even small D.O.'s.... well one can hope.
Steve Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 01:35 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Oakley View Post
the release notes did say improved 720P support overall, so I'm going to try some capture tests. maybe the dreaded spurious TC break errors bug has been fixed, as well as how picky FCP is with even small D.O.'s.... well one can hope.
Please post what you find out I have not had any problems with breaks so far but my takes are not extremly long so if you find out any different I would like to know. Also for the record I use the sony pro tapes to record I think that also helps.
Gary Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2007, 12:57 PM   #8
Major Player

FCP digitizes HDV over firewire as ProRes on the fly too!

I can confirm that FCP can now digitize HDV over firewire as ProRes regular or high on a MacPro 8 core on Tiger.

Caveats...

Capture now only
Clips are broken up with each take
TC is NOT accurate (first clip is fine but everything after starts at zero for each take).
Justin Ferar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems