EX1 Availability from DVINFO Sponsors at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Closed Thread

Old November 28th, 2007, 01:01 PM   #1
Major Player

delay in cameras from Sony

Well my vendor told me today that they haven't received the 50 units they were promised to have by Monday. Sony says that they will still be receiving the cameras but can't tell them when.

I was supposed to have mine by next week, but looks like that won't be happening.

Has anyone else heard anything about delays from Sony??

Daniel Weber
Old November 28th, 2007, 01:19 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

As I have just explained here, I'm not looking for discussions about shipping delays as they serve no real constructive purpose (they will ship when they ship, and posting to this board won't change that -- plus I firmly believe that shooting projects should never be planned around the perceived arrival of a new camera model; and besides that, "rumors" are counterproductive and worse than useless). That said, I'll ask those of our site sponsors who are authorized Sony dealers to provide their input on this matter, and will re-open the thread upon hearing from any of them.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old November 29th, 2007, 04:47 AM   #3
Regular Crew

EX1 Availability from DVINFO Sponsors

Hi Everyone,

Chris Hurd has emailed the DVINFO sponsors asking us to post a statement concerning the availability of the PMW-EX1 camera.

So to kick things off as the UK sponsor, see http://www.videogear.co.uk I can happily confirm that we are starting to receive genuine Sony UK cameras with prime support.

Initially we must complete our backorders before we will have spare cameras.

Take a look at the following for a photo taken this morning: http://www.videogear.co.uk/xdcamexinstock.jpg

Cheers!

Simon Beer,
Production Gear Ltd

Last edited by Simon Beer; November 29th, 2007 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Wasn't clear initially
Old November 29th, 2007, 06:59 AM   #4
Regular Crew

So you have cameras for sale as of now to people such as myself...ie General Public not on backorders?
Old November 29th, 2007, 07:12 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan Wynne View Post
So you have cameras for sale as of now to people such as myself...ie General Public not on backorders?
Hi Aidan,

We are honouring all backorders in the order which they were placed before we will have spare cameras.

As soon as I have more news with regards to future shipments I will post here.

Cheers!

Simon Beer.
Old November 29th, 2007, 03:04 PM   #6
sponsor: B&H Photo-Video

B&H's supply

I just spoke with our buyer who has been on the phone with various Sony USA people. While none of this is a "carved-in-stone" promise we hope to ship cameras for orders placed during October within the next week (or so) and we are confident we'll have all current back-orders shipped before Christmas.

Sony says that by mid-January we should have ready inventory, which means you order and we ship.

PLEASE bear in mind this is info our buyer got from Sony USA. He's fairly confident it's reliable enough to post as long as I sprinkle the post liberally with the reminder that this is our best estimate and not a promise.
Old November 29th, 2007, 04:55 PM   #7
Major Player

Henry, Any word on SxS cards will they be in full stock by mid January as well?
Old November 30th, 2007, 09:39 AM   #8
Sponsor: Abel Cine Tech

EX1 availability

I pretty much have a lot of the same info about the amount of EX 1's. Although, We are having a conference call with Sony very shortly and will have some hard numbers and dates for ya'll. I do on the other hand have SXS cards and am waiting to hear from 16x9 as well as a few others about the accessories. Also, we got one on the floor in case anyone would like to come and do a run thru on the menu or just get a cup of coffee and look at it:) Feel free to contact us for any further info or questions.
Old November 30th, 2007, 11:01 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Mr Jones.... while your on the call to Sony can you ask them about he
vignetting issue and status from them??

Then come back and tell us what they told you...

thanks
Old November 30th, 2007, 12:03 PM   #10

Call is not mine but...

Let me see what I can find out. I haven't heard of this problem yet.
Old November 30th, 2007, 04:23 PM   #11

Sony is being very careful about what allocation quantities they are
promising dealers because they simply do not want to have inaccurate
information and delivery expectations on the street. So far, we do
know that units will be arriving on at least a weekly basis
throughout the month of December, but we are still unclear if these
units will satisfy our entire list of current backorders.

So, although units will be in relatively short supply for the next
month, we should expect deliveries to catch up a bit come January.
Old November 30th, 2007, 07:47 PM   #12
Sponsor: Schneider Optics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregger Jones View Post
I pretty much have a lot of the same info about the amount of EX 1's. Although, We are having a conference call with Sony very shortly and will have some hard numbers and dates for ya'll. I do on the other hand have SXS cards and am waiting to hear from 16x9 as well as a few others about the accessories. Also, we got one on the floor in case anyone would like to come and do a run thru on the menu or just get a cup of coffee and look at it:) Feel free to contact us for any further info or questions.
Schneider Optics will have Century brand attachments available in limited models for the EX1 in mid to late January. Our popular .6x and Fisheye will be available in January. A full line should be available by NAB.

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics
Old December 20th, 2007, 10:51 AM   #13

Abel Cine Tech has EX1 cameras available

Not sure where this Thread belongs but I thought because there is so much interest in when the camera will be readily available..... You guys might want to know we have been working very hard to get our back orders taken care of and now have stock to sale right out.

:)
Old December 20th, 2007, 10:55 AM   #14
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregger Jones View Post
Not sure where this Thread belongs...
Belongs in our "EX1 Availability from DVINFO Sponsors" thread, which is where I've moved it. Thanks Gregger!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds