HD7 Accessories at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.

Old December 26th, 2007, 06:16 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HD7 Accessories

There seemed to only be one other post about accessories which didn't get any response.

I want to buy the filter lens kits for the HD7 but if I try to order them off of JVC it doesn't have the HD7 model listed for the lens kit they say goes with it.

Has anyone purchased and used the lens kits from JVC? Also, another thread mentioned the use of Nikon Coolpix lenses on the HD7. Anyone else have knowledge of other lenses that fit the HD7?
John Abbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2007, 04:30 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Having never bought accessories from the JVC web site, the camcorder has a 46mm dia thread so arguably any 46mm filter/lens adapter should fit.

Ian
Ian Broadbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2008, 04:50 PM   #3
New Boot

John, unfortunately there isn’t a genuine JVC filter kit made specifically for the HD7, the un-official reason (my guess) behind this is due to the high quality of the Fujinon lens, my guess is that JVC could not licence glass for a small filter set that is of the same quality as the Fujinon lens – there’s no point putting cheap glass over a high quality lens.
As said in the last post, the GZ-HD7 has a 46mm thread (you will need to unscrew the hood first) and you can put any 46mm filter on to it, I would recommend Super HMC Hoya filters, or equivalent.
Old January 2nd, 2008, 08:24 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thank you for your responses. I have ordered a simple set of lenses for general filter, UV and neutral density from a set that is 46mm. They should be here any day and I will let you know how they work.
Old January 5th, 2008, 04:06 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I received a set of four basic lenses titled for "Nikon Coolpix 5000" which are 46MM lenses. They screwed onto the HD7 with no problems. Now its time to see what expensive lenses I can get for this little guy.
Old January 5th, 2008, 04:28 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Please post some results once you do!
Ray Grizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2008, 10:20 PM   #7
Tourist

Cokin A-series filters

Picked up a set of the affordable Cokin A-Series filters for the HD7 from B&H Photo/Video.

The basic element is a 46mm ring that lets you mount a three-position filter holder on the camera. (Take the camera's regular, cool-looking hood and put it in a safe place in your gadget bag). The holder mounts rectangular resin or glass filters.

I've started with a 1 and a 2 f-stop Neutral Density filter, and a rotatable Circular Polarizer. Topped the whole off with the A255 Modular hood. It looks awesome on the camera and is all sufficiently wide enough to clear the lens when on wide angle.

I'd be interested in hearing others' views on this solution.
Dan Epright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2008, 04:05 AM   #8
Major Player

Wide lense for JVC GZHD7

Hello,

I want Wide lens for JVC GZHD7, which lens should I buy? I have one Wide lens with me; it is made for my Fuji Digital Camera, S9000. It is little bigger so it's fit on JVC GZHD7, still I try to capture some video, it gives me very good wide view in screen/ viewfinder, I recorded some clips and when I downloaded on my laptop it was worst! I don't know why?

I would really appreciate if some one help me in this issue, I can post that captured video if some would like to see that!

Actually that Fuji's lens is little bigger otherwise that would be perfect, but video looking worst!

Kaushik
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2008, 08:06 PM   #9
Tourist

Internal lens misalignment?

Hi, I know its not the best thing to do but I got the cheap wide angle telephoto kit for my HD7 and it seems all fine with the 46mm adapter except for one thing.

The lens casing sticks into the view of the camera by a mm or two and creates a strange black border. The obvious answer would be that I got the wrong lens, except for the fact that this border only shows up on ONE SIDE. The next thing i did was take off the lens and bring two pieces of paper in towards the camera's lens and stop when they were visible. When I looked at where the papers stopped one was much further in, suggesting that the internal lens of the camera is tilted!

To further validate my point, when I sent my camera in for a completely different reason, apparently JVC noticed enough of an issue to "fix" the lens even though I didn't ask them to. Does anyone here know of a case like this? I'm thinking it has something to do with the actuators which move the lens for the image stabilization, or is that done digitally.

Any suggestions guys?
Alex Banooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 03:26 PM   #10
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Banooba View Post
The lens casing sticks into the view of the camera by a mm or two and creates a strange black border. The obvious answer would be that I got the wrong lens, except for the fact that this border only shows up on ONE SIDE.

To further validate my point, when I sent my camera in for a completely different reason, apparently JVC noticed enough of an issue to "fix" the lens even though I didn't ask them to. Does anyone here know of a case like this? I'm thinking it has something to do with the actuators which move the lens for the image stabilization, or is that done digitally.
Alex:

Hey, there... We were doing a shoot a couple weeks ago and used a car mount for some shots with one of our JVCs... No problem... After we dismounted the camera from the car mount, we used it for some shots in the car...

After taking the camera back and bringing the video on, we noticed the same issue on the shots after the camera came off the car mount. I haven't checked to see yet if the second camera has the same problem. But at least I know that it is not a unique issue.
Old March 10th, 2008, 08:27 PM   #11
Tourist

Thanks

Thanks Jas, please let me know if you solve that issue.
Alex Banooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 10:53 PM   #12
Tourist

Noticed something here...

Last night, we were using one of the JVCs to film with (which has the visible ring from the lens issue).. Anyway, when turning the camera on, the picture on the LCD would JUMP to the left, making the lens visible.

For the brief instant when it was turned on, the ring was NOT in the shot.

To me, it looks like the OIS is motor is pushing the imaging unit to one side - why, I don't know... That camera is currently being used right now, but I have another one in front of me, so will throw on some filters and see if it does the same thing.
Old March 27th, 2008, 03:48 AM   #13
Tourist

AHAh! as i expected

I really thought it had to do with the image stabilizer. Man I just wish there was a screw or something you could turn. Whatever it is JVC seemed happy to "adjust" it for me when I sent it in. But it seems rediculous to have to send it in everytime it does that. Thanks for your research. There is still work to be done.
Alex Banooba is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series