Z7U or EX1...tough decision. - Page 10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old March 21st, 2008, 07:24 PM   #136
Regular Crew

This is great stuff, thanks David. If you have (even more) time, it would be really interesting to see how 24p material on the Z7 compares.
Gabriel Chiefetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2008, 07:45 PM   #137
Inner Circle

I'd be interested to see how the 24p from the Z7 compares to 24F out of the A1 (or equivalent camera).
Robert M Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2008, 08:01 PM   #138
Major Player

still satisfied with my decision

Even though I was on the fence months ago re:EX1 vs Z7, I must say that to date, I am very happy with the decision to purchase the EX1. The most important factor is image quality. The 1/2" sensors reallly make a difference and overall, the camera's performance is outstanding. Clearly, the tapeless work flow is terrific. So much so, that it seems strange to pack tapes to go along with our Z1U. The lens is super sharp and the control over depth of field is amazing. Just thought I'd post some feedback.
Best, Craig
Craig Hollenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2008, 02:37 PM   #139
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Hollenback View Post
Clearly, the tapeless work flow is terrific. So much so, that it seems strange to pack tapes to go along with our Z1U.
How many cards do you have? B/c I would rather buy 100 tapes for $500 than put down $, $ & more $ for cards & drives. The workflow really only still works for limited usages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Hollenback View Post
The lens is super sharp and the control over depth of field is amazing. Just thought I'd post some feedback.
Best, Craig
Have you tried the Z7/S270 lens? I'm wondering how people like them in comparison to each other.

...if only the EX1 had interchangable glass & a tape drive, then it wouldn't be such a tough decision on which camera to buy when workflow & glass are in the control of the owner
Zach Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2008, 10:08 AM   #140
New Boot

Z7U Color Fidelity?

David, is the color fidelity of the EX1 significantly superior to the Z7U or the same? Your shirt appears brown in the zoomed EX1 and gray/black for the Z7U? No doubt the EX1 resolution is better, but the Z7U colors look muted in comparison. Thanks, Elliott
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Perry V View Post
...if you zoom in to the picture, you can see how much better the ex1 for picture quality. I also shot the ex1 with the same rez as hdv and not full HD.

Here are the high rez photos: www.davidperryfilms.com/images/comparison.jpg
Elliott Tucker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270