Protype Titler....Could this get more complicated? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 12th, 2008, 11:48 AM   #16
Regular Crew

yes live type mac...
Matthew Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 09:53 AM   #17
Inner Circle

I was at an friend's studio yesterday and he showed me the titling he has done with FCP just using templates that came with, I was extremely jealous. ProType titler indeed has a long way to go.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2008, 11:31 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Harring View Post
Scenario: You have a title and applied all the effects you wish to it, such as Drop Shadow, Dropping words, Font size, etc.

Goal: You want to reuse the same attributes for all other title supers for consistent look thru the whole production.

Issue: I found as I replaced one name with another in the super, as soon as I deleted the first letter in the title I lost all the attributes.

Solution: Instead of doing an insert edit (I-beam cursor) and deleting/backspacking the undesired letters out, instead "swipe" or "highlight" at LEAST the first letter (more is ok, but get the very first letter) of the first word in the title text.
Then ctrl-v pre-loaded text from the clipboard, or start typing your new text over the highlighted letter(s).
The attributes you wish to retain appear to be embedded in the very first letter of the very first word of the super text, so replacing this letter by highlighting it and typing new characters is ok, but any deletion of the first letter of the first word causes all the attributes to revert to defaults.

Then just "save as" with updated name. I use the clipboard, so after pasting the new title in the pro-type window, I ctrl-v in the "save as" box and use same name for veg file too.

Footnote: I just bought Vasst Protype DVD, but was in the middle of a project and unable to figure out the "official" way, so now things have calmed down, I hope to really dig into Pro-type. It looks complicated, but I sense there's real power in this tool. Quality is outstanding.
Cheers! That one was driving me mad!
Alastair Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2008, 10:19 AM   #19
Sony America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Stark View Post
Is Live Type a Mac only app though? Agreed it looks pretty good.
Like a number of Apple products, Live Type started out as a very innovative cross-platform application... it came from a company called Prismo Graphics. Once Apple engulfed and devoured it, the Windows version was killed... like Logic and Shake. Credit Apple for having the foresight to acquire great applications like these, but don't give 'em too much credit for actually building these apps from scratch.
Leigh Herman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...