Electronic manual control of HC1 auto controls through Lanc/Firewire? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old June 30th, 2005, 11:01 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Electronic manual control of HC1 auto controls through Lanc/Firewire?

I am wondering if there are any Lanc controls, or through Firewire computer controls, is it possible to independently control zoom, focus, shutter, gain, aperture?
Wayne Morellini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2005, 11:31 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Remote zoom and focus control is possible via LANC through commonly available controllers made by VariZoom, Bogen, Zoe, Libec and a variety of other manufacturers. Remote shutter, gain, and aperture control is not possible through LANC, unfortunately.

The potential for remote control of zoom, focus, shutter, gain, aperture and more is definitely a possibility through FireWire although there is no such thing as a remote FireWire controller at the present time. This could be accomplished via a laptop computer but again no such option is available at the moment that I'm aware of.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2005, 12:44 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Actually I have seen a firewire one but with basic controls, it might be in my links list (but I have many thousands of links). But I am open to suggestions on how to make a custom one. I am sure that there is a some ultra-small firewire enabled micro-controller board out there somewhere, but where to get instructions/spec?
Wayne Morellini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2005, 01:14 PM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

I'd love to believe you regarding an existing FW controller, but experience has taught me to remain skeptical. If you can produce the link, I'd love to see it; otherwise I'll have to maintain that so such thing yet exists as far as I'm aware.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2005, 11:33 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Well I looked/googled for many hours for the firewire zoom controller, but haven't found it. I might not have even linked it, as it was peculiar to have firewire, but too rudimentary in functions.

So sorry, no luck, but I did find some interesting things, including using a universal remote, and a cheap firewire based pan/tilt/zoom head:

If anybody else has seen this thing (probably the only one on the market, please let us know.

Firewire
http://www.321cam.com/videosolutions...ontrolBase.htm
http://secure.eagletron.com/TCamWeb/powerpod.htm

Remote
http://home.kooee.com.au/rms/index.htm

Thanks

Wayne.
Wayne Morellini is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series