The Secrets : DV Challenge #2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old July 18th, 2005, 01:04 AM   #1
Major Player

The Secrets : DV Challenge #2

http://www2.qkgame.com/dvc/secretsbig.html
http://www2.qkgame.com/dvc/secretssmall.html

This short (yes, very short!) was shot with a Panasonic GS400. All in natural light except an inside scene where I had no control over the light anyway.
I shot most of the thing from my windows, my roof, in and around my building.

The music is made from copyright free loops.

I would have liked to put a voice-over instead of subtitles but I had not enough time for this and I am not a good enough actor to do it myself.

I was the first to submit my entry because I had to go to the hospital for surgery on Wednesday morning. So I sent the email with the links to Dylan 30 minutes before checking in the hospital. Now I am out and ready for the next challenge ! Well, not really...

If you have any questions, it will be a pleasure to answer.

P.S. : the links will not stay alive forever. Sorry.
Benjamin Durin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2005, 05:30 PM   #2
Wrangler

Benjamin, this was really quite nice to watch. Some of your shots were really, really good, although a few weaker ones broke up the consistancy. You had me on your hook right up to the end, but then lost me with your last statement. If you had found a line that really punched it at the end, it might have worked, but to me it didn't end strongly enough.
Old July 20th, 2005, 10:40 PM   #3
Major Player

Dylan, thanks for your feedback.

I guess you're right, the end wasn't strong enough. It would have deserved a little more thoughts.

Well, it was still very exciting to do. I don't think I will have time for the next DVC. But I will participate as soon as I can.
Benjamin Durin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge