HDV Presentation @ HDFEST New York at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old September 13th, 2005, 01:39 PM   #1
Major Player

HDV Presentation @ HDFEST New York

It's official, HDV at HDFEST NYC!

For anyone interested in learning more about HDV, I will be giving a lecture at this years HDFEST in New York City entitled, "HDV: A Cinematographers Point of View", Saturday October 1st, at the Goldcrest Post Screening Room in Manhattan. I will share my experiences and opinions on the new HDV format, focusing on its viability as a production format for narrative film. Presentation will include a brief overview of the technology, the current crop of cameras available, and comparison screening of HDV footage in full HD resolution. Followed by a brief Q&A session.

"HDV: A Cinematographers Point of View" will take place Saturday October 1st, from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Goldcrest Post Screening Room , 799 Washington Street in Manhattan, NY. Tickets are $8, with advanced purchase available through the HDFEST website.

WHAT: "HDV: A Cinematographers Point of View"
WHEN: Saturday October 1st from 3p.m. to 4p.m.
WHERE: Goldcrest Post Screening Room 799 Washington Street in Manhattan, NY

For more information:

HDFEST Panels
www.hdfest.com/nyc_05panels.htm

Tickets
www.hdfest.com/nyc_05_tickets_panels.htm

Directions
www.goldcrestpost.com/directions.html
Jon Fordham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2005, 01:27 PM   #2
MPS Digital Studios

I just gave a little seminar on the cameras at HD Fest South Florida and had pretty much every HDV camera available (not including the Canon one, announced as of September 14, 2005) except the HD1 (we had the HD10). Jon Fordham even showed up and answered some questions.

I highly recommend attending this event, as Jon knows his stuff when it comes to HD and HDV.

heath
Old September 29th, 2005, 02:33 PM   #3
Major Player

HDFEST NYC Starts Tomorrow!!!

Just a quick reminder for those of you in the tri-state area interested in learning more about HDV, that HDFEST NYC starts tomorrow!!!

Tomorrow evening I will be serving on the panel discussion, "Filmmaking at the Edge of the High-Definition Transition" presented by Film & Video Magazine at the Goldcrest Post Screening Room from 8:30pm to 9:30pm.

And on Saturday afternoon I will be presenting "HDV: A Cinematographer's Point of View" from 3pm to 4pm at the Goldcrest Post Screening Room. The presentation will include screening of HDV in full resolution via High Definition projection. For those of you interested in 24 frame HDV, some of the HDV footage being screened has been 3:2 pulldown converted to 24fps using Nattress' FCP G-Film plug in!

For more information:

HDFEST Panels
www.hdfest.com/nyc_05panels.htm

Tickets
www.hdfest.com/nyc_05_tickets_panels.htm

Directions
www.goldcrestpost.com/directions.html

Nattress
www.nattress.com

Last edited by Jon Fordham; September 29th, 2005 at 05:07 PM.
Jon Fordham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition