HVX and the BT-LH1700W Monitor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old November 17th, 2005, 01:48 AM   #1
Regular Crew

HVX and the BT-LH1700W Monitor

A late night question ...

Have been thinking a lot about the release of the HVX (and rethinking the Z1) ... this has lead me to the question of being able to get a relatively inexpensive HD capable monitor I can use in the field. Thus the question:

Can I use the HVX and the Panasonic BT-LH1700W Monitor together as is? Is the D4 connection out of the HVX directly compatible with the Component In's on the monitor? Am I missing something here? Also ... 15:9? What's up with that?

Thanks ... redirect me if this has been dealt with elsewhere.

- H -
Hans Damkoehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2005, 11:23 AM   #2
Barry Wan Kenobi

That's the monitor that Panasonic used to demo the HVX at ResFest, so yes it is directly compatible.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2005, 12:10 PM   #3
Major Player

The monitor will only show it in 720p, though. 1080 footage will be downsampled, right?
Jaime Valles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2005, 12:23 PM   #4
Barry Wan Kenobi

That monitor has a 720p native resolution, so yes, any 1080 signal would be converted to fit the 720p display.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 07:20 PM   #5

Bt-lh1700w

Hans,

Did you get this monitor?

The reason I ask, is that I was at a class on the HVX down in Austin a few weeks ago and they had this monitor and the larger one as well. I liked it quite a bit (the build quality, image, etc.) and have been thinking about getting one to use in a studio. I would plug it in to the camera while recording and then use it for editing as well.

I've currently have the Marshall (and it's great for it's size and portability), but I was really blown away when I saw the HVX image on that Panny monitor. It seemed to work perfectly for optimizing the image settings on the HVX as well as for viewing the footage.

Anyone else have any comments on this monitor or others with the same features and around the same price (about $2,700 through a few of the sponsors)?

Link to the Bt-LH1700:
http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp...del=BT-LH1700W

Last edited by Guest; August 15th, 2006 at 09:22 AM.
Old August 15th, 2006, 08:44 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Great Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek West
Hans,

Did you get this monitor?
Derek,

I did get this monitor and I love it. The image is great and the options are really awesome. The SDI ins, the built in waveform monitor, multiple rez formats, it is lightweight, VESA mountable, etc.

In fact, when I'm editing video shot with my RedRockmicro I just swivel the VESA mount and place the monitor upside down on it.

I own the Marshall as well and I highly recommend this monitor.
Old August 15th, 2006, 08:06 PM   #7
Major Player

Its a pretty heavy monitor, tough.
Old August 15th, 2006, 09:13 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Really? In comparison?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio Perez
Its a pretty heavy monitor, tough.
Ya know, I'm used to lugging around a 9 inch, 17 lb. SD CRT for monitoring and the Panny is less weight than that. So, for my workflow, it really isn't an issue. In fact, being able to monitor High Def focus on an 800 line 17" screen and then take it in to Post with me far outweighs the weight issue (pun intended.)

Seriously, it is imperceptible to me. In fact, the low profile of the unit belies its weight.

IF weight is a real issue for you, you may want to try out the 9" Sony LMD-9020. It only weighs 6.3 lbs. I've got a friend who likes it. Of course, you only get 640x480 rez so all of your HD material will be further downconverted.

There's also the Marshall products ... good stuff ... I own one .... still like seeing the popping image from the Panny, though.

It's all interconnected .... weight, rez, price, connections, etc. ......

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders