New 3D 720p24 RAW camera in news: at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old January 17th, 2006, 09:09 PM   #1
Inner Circle

New 3D 720p24 RAW camera in news:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...479#post414479

I know a few people in this forum have been asking about something like this for a while.
Wayne Morellini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 10:21 PM   #2
Major Player

i always wondered. : if camera had 2 (3) ccds (like 2 3ccd chipsets).. capturing the same image.. or as close as possible as this 3d frankenstein camera is.. could you not overlay the two images making up for poor image quality and lessening digital artifacting in a lot of movement shots... like one might pick up for the spots the other missed???
Old January 17th, 2006, 10:47 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Possible .
Wayne Morellini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2006, 01:20 AM   #4
Trustee

Interesting. I didn't read the whole article, but 4:4:4? Sounds somehow like a 3D version of the Andromeda and I wonder, if they managed to record uncompressed to 2 onboard 100GB drives, why can't Andromeda and why can't a similar box be made for the HD100 and the others with uncompressed out? My guess is that it can. They used 2 Mac minis, so I'm thinking it shouldn't be expensive or complex. But then again, what do I know?
Michael Maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 02:52 PM   #5
Regular Crew

3DVX3 uses ANDROMEDA

Hello,

According to 3DVX3 inventor Jason Goodman's post on the www.reel-stream.com website, the 3DVX3 uses double ANDROMEDA systems.

http://forum.reel-stream.com/viewtopic.php?t=352

Hope the link works.
Old January 31st, 2006, 01:47 AM   #6
Regular Crew

The only problem with this approach to creating a stereoscopic camera is that it doesn't actually mimic human vision. We see in stereo, yes, but when we focus on something our eyes turn toward it, which alters the perspective of each eye and gives a huge boost to our perception of depth. With two cameras fixed next to each other, that's impossible. So really it's closer to a video camera equivalent of someone with tunnel vision.

Not to say that this isn't a huge advancement... I know I couldn't do it. But stereoscopy has fascinated me since I was a kid, and this has always been the problem with most attempts to photograph/film in 3D. Anywho, my two cents...
Joel Kreisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2008, 12:59 PM   #7
Tourist

What I think a Stereoscopic camera should be

This Stereoscopic rig seems like it won't be very versatile, probably OK for sports filming but no good for anything close as would be needed for say drama, the separation of the lenses is just to great. Still, I take my hat of to them for creating the camera.

Also it's only available for hire; we need a digital cinema quality stereoscopic all in one rig that we can all purchase who are interested in creating 3D feature films, and a smaller one for semi pro and home use.

What we need is a versatile HD stereoscopic camera that is 2k or more and is not to big but is able to get the images/lenses as close as 30mm or less for ultra close head and shoulder and face shots and also be able to go wider to 65mm for standard shots and even wide for scenery, and all with convergence and precision, i.e., complete control of the stereo window, controls for both lenses to be focused at the same, both exposures to be set at the same time, The only way to do this at the moment is with a 3D mirror rig, this is a rather large and can be cumbersome solution because the need the cameras and the semi silvered mirror at 45 degree angles.

So I would like an incredible new optical lens system with both cameras combined as one, and maybe in the future it will be possible for the 2 images to be auto conformed into one side by side 3D format codec, fully synched and ready for editing, final adjustments if needed and grading in one go, we also need the current editing software company' I don't want much do I.

Phil Brown, Media55
Pip Brown is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery