HD Link convert bug at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 17th, 2006, 11:12 AM   #1
Major Player

HD Link convert bug

I downloaded the latest update for the AspectHD 4.1.12 hoping the convert bug was solved in HD link. But it even got worse.
I can't get the HDlink to convert more then one file at the time. Selecting more does result in a lock of the software.
I use HDV-rack frequently to capture footage while checking the vector and waveform scopes. So I have already the clips available in my system in m2t.
It's a hassle recapturing everything again with HDlink because I cannot convert what I already have to Cineform AVI.
Any news on the horizon from Cineform for this bug?
Marc Colemont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2006, 12:50 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

It must be something HDV-rack is doing to product slightly different M2T files. As nothing has changed is the M2T handling with Aspect HD. Use YouSentIt.com to email two (small) M2T files that have this problem to support@cineform.com and we will test to see why these files are different.
Old June 17th, 2006, 02:06 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman
It must be something HDV-rack is doing to product slightly different M2T files. As nothing has changed is the M2T handling with Aspect HD. Use YouSentIt.com to email two (small) M2T files that have this problem to support@cineform.com and we will test to see why these files are different.
Hi David,

Thanks for the quick reply as always.
I will post two files on my ftp and send you the link.

Marc
Old June 17th, 2006, 02:15 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Colemont
I use HDV-rack frequently to capture footage while checking the vector and waveform scopes.
I use HDV-Rack to capture and HDLink to convert. I have a relatively new laptop, but it's not fast enough to monitor and scope and capture all at the same time without some problems. I use the monitor and other features to get everything right, and then turn them all off during the capture. Don't know if this is related to the problem you are reporting, but you might give it a try and see if it helps. Of course, David will also know if your m2t files are corrupted, so pursue that route as well.

Best,
Christopher
Christopher Glaeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2006, 01:56 AM   #5
Major Player

Yes, but it happens with all clips I ever tried...
And they playback fine in HDVrack.

Marc
Old June 18th, 2006, 10:31 AM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Thanks for the files. Unfortunately (or fortunately) they work fine here. Might be a setup issue.
Old June 18th, 2006, 02:52 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Thanks for the files. Unfortunately (or fortunately) they work fine here. Might be a setup issue.
Hi David,

Thanks for testing. The files itself I was pretty sure they worked.
It's when I convert multiple files at ones from m2t to AVI that the HDLink software stops after doing the first file. The logging shows the first file is done, but doesn't start doing the other files.
I did reinstall the software several times including the registry and directory files to see if that makes a difference. Do you have debug version I can run for example for you on my machine?
Old June 18th, 2006, 10:11 PM   #8
CTO, CineForm Inc.

I need files that fail like you say. Do you have two files that will not convert correctly -- stop after the first?
Old June 23rd, 2006, 07:22 AM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
I need files that fail like you say. Do you have two files that will not convert correctly -- stop after the first?
Hi David,
After doing some more tests today (I'm on location) I installed the AspectHD on two more computers (demo 15 day trial) and tried the conversion again with some m2t files I copied from my laptop.
On my other computers it converts 2 files and then stops converting.
On my laptop the count is 1 file. Could it be that installing older versions like 3.x can have influence on these systems?
Is there a way to really wipe 100% the installation?
Another thing I will try is to capture m2t files first through HDlink and then convert a bunch at the same time to double check if the HDVrack m2t files are causing the throuble or not. Normally by this evening when I get back home I have more news after capturing files in HDlink.
Regards, Marc
Old June 26th, 2006, 10:32 PM   #10
Major Player

Hello. I am having a similar problem. I have a bunch of M2T files I coped from a DR-HD100 DTE device. It converted about half of them, then just stopped. No errors or any other indications of problems. I re-selected the files not converted and hit Start. It converts a seemingly random number of files then stops.
HDLink App version 1.5
AspectHD Version 4.1.1 Build 59

Any thoughts?
Old June 27th, 2006, 04:18 PM   #11
Regular Crew

HDLink hang

Hi,

I have the same problem but posted under a scene split thread when really it seems to be a random number of m2t->avi file converts that fail... I have a new Asus a7j laptop...

Sorry difficult to post but just thought you should know a problem exists -I have sent error report to Cineform when killing App.

Nick.
Nick Outram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2006, 11:04 AM   #12
Major Player

I did some more tests David.
I captured video through HDlink with the setting to keep de m2t files.
The captured video is perfect both Cineform AVI and m2t files.
When I import the m2t files in the HDlink seperatly and press 'convert', it does the first file and or second file and then stops and hangs. So definatly there is someting going on.
I'm about buying a DR-HD100 firestore, I will be blokked converting the m2t files this way. So if you need more info or files let me know.
Old July 7th, 2006, 10:49 AM   #13
Regular Crew

I've been reporting the "converts some and hangs" problem. A few months ago, Cineform told me I was the only one with the problem and to not submit it anymore. I now use HDVSplit and selectively convert with HDLink (until it hangs).
Wayne Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2006, 02:19 AM   #14
Major Player

I installed AspectHD (trial) on a brand new computer, copied some m2t files made with HDlink and converted a batch of files.
This time I got an error message in the log file after converting the first file. So the second and other files didn't convert further.
This is the error:
Got EC_ERRORABORT notification -0x80040228

I also re-opend the old trouble ticket with this new info.

David, do you need more files from us or computer info to track this down? I will switch soon to a HD-DR100 Firestore on my HD100 which records in m2t. Then I will heavily need a fix for the HDlink tool to convert all my footage to CineformAVI.
Thanks

Last edited by Marc Colemont; July 12th, 2006 at 04:11 AM.
Old July 12th, 2006, 08:27 AM   #15
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We have made progress (we hope) on this. A fix is in build 73 (version 2.2) of Prospect HD, and that we added to Aspect HD soon. Likely before the end of next week.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase