Free Fall Wedding Video at 13,500 feet on down at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 29th, 2006, 07:25 PM   #1
Obstreperous Rex

Free Fall Wedding Video at 13,500 feet on down

From our own Douglas Spotted Eagle.

See http://www.sundancemediagroup.com/ar...ve_wedding.htm

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 01:15 AM   #2
Major Player

I have to say after shooting 6 or so weddings in the sky (i have over 6,000 freefall camera jumps and about 8,000 skydives all together)....shooting weddings on the ground where the audio "counts", almost all of what we all shoot for gorund bound weddings are not "staged".......it is more challenging to shoot the stuff on the ground by far. Now of course if you have little experience shooting skydivers, it could be a tough one.....and the experienced skydivers who will do their wedding in the sky must have great control of their relative flying skills and be able to make it all happen in about 50 seconds, but other than that....it's not a big deal. I have a lot of experience both in the air and on the ground and my hats off to the guys who produce some good stuff while while their feet are planted on earth.

PS. Chris.....do you jump too??? I have some skydive friends who work at Skydive San Marcos. I'm an instructor and most all of my jumps have been at Perris and Lake Elsinore in California.
Joe Allen Rosenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2006, 02:41 PM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

Hey Joe,

It's a small world! From 1997 through 2002, the wife and I rented that blue-gray farm house directly across Highway 80 from Skydive San Marcos, just opposite and in line with their runway. I had plenty of opportunities to jump there but it just never worked out; still thinking about going back over there someday. We really enjoyed those years next to the jump school... every nice weekend would see the sky filled with multi-colored canopies and the distant "woohoo!" shouts of the jumpers from above. At the time they had a Super Otter and a couple of Twin Bo's and their short finals were mostly right over our place. I saw their video production facility once; they could cut together a complete skydive video with music and titles before the customer got unsuited. An amazing operation and truly a great bunch of folks over there... one big happy family, kind of like we are here.

http://www.skydivesanmarcos.com/

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2006, 10:12 PM   #4
Wrangler

Awesome! Now THAT exemplifies a "Wild" wedding!
Old July 12th, 2006, 06:37 AM   #5
Inner Circle

My wife won't let me jump out of a plane :}

Ok, maybe she would if I didn't have the Sony.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques