Colour Correction on Multiple Clips at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 11th, 2007, 02:12 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Colour Correction on Multiple Clips

Here is the issue: I have edited a two-camera project. The colour match is pretty good but isn't perfect. Is it possible to correct the colour without having to do it to every single clip from the camera that needs correcting. The entire project originally consisted of only two long clips from the camera that needs the correction (and about the same from the camera that needs no correction). I thought I read somewhere here that I could correct those two clips and that the changes would automatically be made to those clips which have now been split into about 40 different clips on the timeline.

I would have done the correcting first but the colour correcting seems to slow down the computer so much it would have made it tougher to use DoubleTake (great freeware by the way! thanks Vasst).

Anyway, if this can't be done I would appreciate learing how folks would tackle a project like this in the most efficient way.

Thanks

Curt
Curt Talbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2007, 02:58 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I have found the easiest way to do multiple clips for me is to set the CC of the first clip I need to CC then save that set as a preset in the CC FX. Then I simply click on ALL of the clips that need that set of CC (cntrl click) and open up the CC FX point to the one I saved and I'm done.
I'm sure there are other perhaps fasters or easier ways but this works for me.

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2007, 03:31 PM   #3

If you apply the color correction in the Project Media level, then all events derived from a master stream/clip will be corrected. This is (IMO) the fastest and most efficient way of assuring that all clips match.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2007, 05:59 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Yes, that was exactly the advice I needed. I muted the Master track created by DoubleTake and was left with a shot of each camera side by side. Clicked on the camera clip in Project Media I wanted to change, then clicked the Media FX button in Project Media and adjusted the colour to my heart's content.

Thanks - potentially saved me many hours!

Curt
Curt Talbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2007, 11:26 AM   #5
Trustee

well crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Talbot
Yes, that was exactly the advice I needed. I muted the Master track created by DoubleTake and was left with a shot of each camera side by side. Clicked on the camera clip in Project Media I wanted to change, then clicked the Media FX button in Project Media and adjusted the colour to my heart's content.

Thanks - potentially saved me many hours!

Curt
I have been fighting with that all weekend (and must longer) on my most recent production. thanks for the answers too!

jason
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2007, 08:05 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Similar to this, how can you apply a pan/crop effect on all of your clips? I once edited an entire project, and there were tiny black bars on the left and right, so I had to manually change the pan/crop settings to "stretch to fill frame" on every single clip.
Andrew Ott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2007, 08:07 PM   #7
Inner Circle

set one-copy -paste event attributes

Don
Old February 12th, 2007, 08:24 PM   #8

You can do it the way Don mentions, or, you can run a script that will match project aspect ratio, or crop in by XXX%
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2007, 10:42 PM   #9
Regular Crew

How do you copy-paste event attributes?

Thanks.
Andrew Ott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2007, 06:16 AM   #10
Inner Circle

Highlight the clip you wish to copy-CNTL C or right click>menu>copy

highlite any of the clips you want to paste to-right click>menu>Paster Event Attributes---Click. Done!

Don
Old February 14th, 2007, 12:17 PM   #11
Trustee

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Bloom
Highlight the clip you wish to copy-CNTL C or right click>menu>copy

highlite any of the clips you want to paste to-right click>menu>Paster Event Attributes---Click. Done!

Don
You just cut literally an HOUR out of my work flow for a full project with that answer! 15 seconds per clip adds up to quite a lot over a full production. Thanks a ton! I had been pissed many times to have to apply the "16:9 crop", smoothness to 0, keep aspect ratio to 0" for all the digital stills I import! Thanks so much!

jason
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...