HV10 near NW Arkansas? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old February 20th, 2007, 02:40 AM   #1
Trustee

HV10 near NW Arkansas?

Does anyone with access to a Canon HV10 live in or around Northwest Arkansas? Would love to test that model with the Cinevate Brevis, in hopes of getting a better idea of how the new HV20 is going to behave with 35mm adapters.
Matt Jeppsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2007, 06:34 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Jeppsen View Post
Does anyone with access to a Canon HV10 live in or around Northwest Arkansas? Would love to test that model with the Cinevate Brevis, in hopes of getting a better idea of how the new HV20 is going to behave with 35mm adapters.
I know this thread is really old, but my family and I will soon be moving to the NW Arkansas area, and I have an HV20 (along with an XH-A1). Did you ever get to test your Brevis? What can you tell me about the NW Arkansas filmmaking community?
Todd Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2007, 04:28 PM   #3
Trustee

I've not had the opportunity to test the Brevis with the HV20, but a good friend Bruce Allen has tested it with the SGPro adapter, and it looks great. I'm currently using the Brevis with my Sony HDV rig, and am very pleased with the results.

The "filmmaking" community around here isn't particularly strong, most work centers around local TV commercials and that sort of video production. It's sometimes hard to find rental equipment locally, you have to get lighting trucks and such from Little Rock or Tulsa (which has a surprisingly active film and video community).

Drop me a line when you move to the area, would enjoy meeting you in person.
Old September 10th, 2007, 08:45 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Got A Question For You....

My wife and I are looking at purchasing this turn of the century house in Prairie Grove for a steal, and she will be converting the first floor to a restaurant, while I may at times use the parking lot/yard for a "sit-in theater" for (truly - as in self funded, without a home) independent films, replete with FM transmitters for boom boxes for people to listen to the film, pull up their blankets and enjoy the projected film. I know it's kind of a if you build it they will come mentality that we're approaching this with, but with the entertainment options kind of limited around there, what do you think about the idea? Also, if there is anything I've learned from Austin and it's success as a "film" town, it only takes a few filmmakers to make that happen. I'd like to be one of them in the NWA area, taking things to the next level. BTW - your blog/site "Fresh DV" kicks ass. You're really dilligent about getting the latest word out. Could become the "Daily Kos" of the DV/HD filmmaking world, and I mean that in a positive way no matter what one thinks of that site in particular. Kudos to you for such a great site....
Todd Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2007, 08:48 PM   #5
Trustee

Thanks for the kind words about FreshDV. Interesting projection idea, I'll do what I can to help out. Prairie Grove is about 12-15 minutes from my place.

I'll PM you my e-mail so we can take this discussion offline, Chris is going to hunt us down like rabbits if we keep it up... ;-)
Old September 12th, 2007, 08:58 PM   #6
Trustee

You might take your Brevis to Bedford Camera.
I'm sure they would let you try it with the HV20.
David W. Jones is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders