V1 and MN523Pro - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers

Old November 18th, 2007, 11:08 AM   #16
New Boot

Well... it's now November and I just bought the 521PRO... it still doesn't work with the V1U. So now what? Return it, or is this firmware fix actually available now? Can't call Bogen just yet (Sunday) so I figured I'd ask here.

Last edited by Ian Farlow; November 18th, 2007 at 02:46 PM.
Ian Farlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 01:53 PM   #17
Inner Circle

The problem with the V1 and the Manfrotto controllers is more complicated that previously thought. BOTH are not fully LANC protocol compliant; the V1E can be upgraded with a new firmware taking care of its problems with even Sony's own controller, the RM-1BP. On the other hand, Manfrotto have developed a fix as well; how it's being handled outside Europe I really don't know, though.

Last edited by Piotr Wozniacki; November 18th, 2007 at 02:38 PM.
Piotr Wozniacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2007, 06:10 PM   #18
New Boot

For anyone else in this situation, I just contacted Bogen and was told that, yes, an update is available for the 521PRO and the V1U. They asked me to send the 521PRO back to them, and they would send me a new one at no cost. Sounds like a winner to me!
Old December 19th, 2007, 06:22 PM   #19
New Boot

Mine got repaired but I'm invited to pay for it

Hello all!

I have a 521 and it had the same sympthoms described above with my Sony FX7. I've came across this forum and contacted my national distributor (Dulcifoto in Portugal). They asked me to deliver the item in the shop so they could send to Manfrotto in Poland where it would be repaired.

They phoned my last week to pick it up and to pay for 55€ due to intervention and shipping. Does this make any sense?

I bought my Manfrotto 521 June this year and it never worked allright with my camera. They claim that the unit was upgraded. From my point of view an upgrade puts the item doing something new. It was a revision to put it to work as it was supposed to. I've sent several mails to Manfrotto and no one ever answers.

Who can I mail?
Does it make any sense to pay to fix something that was supposed to work but didnt?
Thanks for all your help.

Regards,
Nelson
Nelson Gameiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 05:53 PM   #20
New Boot

Sounds like a winner for me too!

Finally I could get my item back at no costs! It is a pitty I had to send emails to distributors across Europe to solve my problem.

I haven't tested it yet because camera is running a short somewhere else.
I'll update later.

Regards,
Nelson
Nelson Gameiro is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers