Stabilization plugins for Vegas? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 31st, 2007, 06:44 PM   #1
Major Player

Stabilization plugins for Vegas?

Are there any stabilization plugins that can be applied from within Vegas other than that found in the Boris FX packages?
John McManimie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2007, 08:33 PM   #2
Inner Circle

no actual plugins but 2 apps of note are Dynapels stadyhand (be careful of exposure, as cameras flashes throw it off) or better stil, is virtualdub deshaker plugin (free) THE best stabilising app ive used
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2007, 10:12 PM   #3
Inner Circle

John Meyer has a a good guide to using Deshaker at http://www.sundancemediagroup.com/ar...aker_guide.htm
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2007, 05:19 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks.

The footage is an AVI using the Cineform (CFHD) codec at 1440x1080 resolution. I'm not sure that Dynapel's product will work with HD resolutions.

I actually have 2d3 SteadyMove Pro but I uninstalled Premiere Pro 1.5 and that plugin after switching to Vegas (I was hoping to stick with Vegas).

I will take a look at virtualdub deshaker.
Old April 5th, 2007, 07:55 PM   #5
Major Player

The VASST plugin page (http://www.vasst.com/?v=training/Vegasplugsnew.htm) shows "New Blue" (http://www.newbluefx.com/) and gives the description "A wide variety of plugs for Vegas, including a stabilizer". Yet, I cannot find the stabilizer in any of their products. Does anybody know what product they offer that has a stabilizer plugin included?
Old April 5th, 2007, 08:43 PM   #6

EEK! John, the stabilizer never made it to market, we didn't realize it was on the page, and it has been since changed. Apologies for any errors or inconvenience.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2007, 11:05 PM   #7
Major Player

Thanks. No big deal.
Old April 9th, 2007, 08:20 PM   #8
Regular Crew

deshaker rocks - but sadly not a vegas plugin
Mauritius Seeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2007, 03:02 AM   #9
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauritius Seeger View Post
deshaker rocks -
Lol! You didn't mean that? Maybe Rock-Steady!! As in the "Rock-Steady-Beat!"

In use Dynapel's SH. It too ISN'T a Plug. But I've got a cunning way with Media Manager that gets me into the SH GUI. For SH is just so simple and when I need a bit of "easy-on-the-eye" footage, SH.

. .and yes, SH Roxs too!
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 07:01 PM   #10
Major Player

Well, after a lengthy trial with Deshaker, all I can say is that this is one awesome little piece of software. It is as good as (better than?) 2d3 but easier to configure and faster and even has a rolling shutter setting for CMOS based camcorders. I am very impressed.

Last edited by John McManimie; April 16th, 2007 at 08:38 PM.
Old April 18th, 2007, 07:15 PM   #11
Regular Crew

yup i second that. deshaker works quite well. just make sure your shutter speed is proportionally higher the more shaking you expect to have.
Ali Husain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2007, 02:48 AM   #12
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McManimie View Post
Well, after a lengthy trial with Deshaker, all I can say is that this is one awesome little piece of software. It is as good as (better than?) 2d3 but easier to configure and faster and even has a rolling shutter setting for CMOS based camcorders. I am very impressed.
yes, i came to the same conclusion. amazingly it does at least as well as the 2d3 plugin (steadymove) even though - i believe - 2d3 use much more sophisticated computer vision techniques.
Mauritius Seeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2007, 05:38 AM   #13
Regular Crew

I have never used Boris FX (plug-in for Vegas), but I think there is a stabilization function there. So, is it worth ?
Plamen Petrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2007, 07:01 AM   #14
Major Player

John-
Another happy Deshaker user here. Used it on a small section of the vows in my last project and it was a lifesaver. Of course, it'll only do so much...but you can't beat it for free...When I first started using it (don't need it that often) it took me a few runs to get it right, but if you check it out, use a tutorial and it'll save some time. John Meyer's is a good one.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 01:06 AM   #15
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McManimie View Post
Thanks.

The footage is an AVI using the Cineform (CFHD) codec at 1440x1080 resolution. I'm not sure that Dynapel's product will work with HD resolutions.

I actually have 2d3 SteadyMove Pro but I uninstalled Premiere Pro 1.5 and that plugin after switching to Vegas (I was hoping to stick with Vegas).

I will take a look at virtualdub deshaker.
no
dynapel wont work with HD res, which is why deshaker is so good, its not dependant on any codec or any res
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...