cinema spot shot with hd110e & redrock m2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 23rd, 2007, 02:01 AM   #1
Regular Crew

cinema spot shot with hd110e & redrock m2

This is a little spot we shot two weeks ago with a hd110e and the redrock micro m2 adapter. Everything was shot with a Nikkor 50mm lens at varying apertures.
We used this shoot to try out a lot of new equipment, it was our first shot with a 35mm adapter, and we used the firestore harddisk and a crane as well.

The adapter worked out pretty well, apart from the need to re-focus the stock lens every few takes or so (we taped everything with gaffa, but the slightest touch in the wrong position and everything goes out of alignment). I also think backfocus of the slr lens wasnīt quite right.
The harddisk was nice, but for some reason I wasnīt able to get it to capture 25p, it also didnīt synchronise with the camera very well (so we ended up capturing the tape in the end). Once the disk worked, it worked perfectly.

hereīs the spot:

http://stage6.divx.com/user/Hasus/vi...ll-2007---Spot

(some of the footage in-between was shot with a canon xl1 and sony pd150, not our footage)

hereīs a few photos from the shoot:

http://picasaweb.google.com/markus.w...VideoMopedTour

All in all it went pretty well, even if a lot of minor things bother me in the end. And as usual thanks to Paolos truecolor3 settings.

Would love to hear your comments.
Thomas Weilguny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2007, 05:39 AM   #2
Major Player

The link for the spot doen't work.
Eugen Oprina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2007, 07:08 AM   #3
Regular Crew

works for me - you may have to download the divx plugin first?

Last edited by Thomas Weilguny; July 23rd, 2007 at 08:39 AM.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 08:40 AM   #4
Trustee

Nice spot.
You say it's a cinema spot? The kind that runs before movies?
Where will it be running mainly? I would love to catch it somehow. I haven't seen HD100+35 adapter on a big enough screen yet.
By the way, are these spots normally transferred to 35mm or they just have a video projector sitting beside their film projector and project the adds in video?
Michael Maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2007, 10:42 AM   #5
Regular Crew

thanks! and yes, the kind that runs before movies. ;) it´s gonna be running in cinemas across austria for one week starting next friday (the five largest cinemas in the 3 largest towns i think). the cinema version has been cut down to 20 seconds to reduce costs...

as far as i gathered most larger cinemas have at least one hall with digital projectors, some (about 20%) of them being HD-capable (which means that for the rest everything is downconverted to PAL resolution).
I think 35mm transfer is going out of style, at least for small-scale campaigns like this one due to the cost.

I´ll try and see it some time next week, I´m also interested in how it´ll look on the big screen.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 11:26 AM   #6
Trustee

Hey Thomas, I tried to contact you but it seems your PM function is disabled. Could you please drop me a line using the email function under my profile?

Thanks in advance.
Michael Maier is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems