New Dv Facility And Open Call For Screening at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 05:28 PM   #1
Michael Rosenblum

New Dv Facility And Open Call For Screening

I have just opened a new place in NYC called DV DOJO. Think of this as a kind of bar/cafe/video school/screening room. www.dvdojo.com

I am offering an open call for screenings for independent docs and features shot on DV. I have a screening room that can accomodate 150, and I am happy to provide a venue and a forum for your work.

Just give me a call or send me an email. I am booking sched. dates now for the summer and fall.

Rosenblum
Old May 4th, 2002, 06:53 AM   #2
Trustee

That's an awesome offer, I'm sure you'll have people lining the sidewalk to get in on it. Better get some big scary guys and a gold velvet rope.
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2002, 04:44 PM   #3
Trustee

NYC fun

Great offer and excellent concept (DV cafe')......as soon as I get back from traveling- I'd like a tour of what's to offer and possibly sign up....

Your site looks great and is very informative and gives off a sense of a relaxed, non-formal "fun" atmosphere at the DV Dojo- hope it turns out to be a great experience for all......see you down there.

Should I bring the XL1S the day we tour? (or any video projects??)

..I was all set to buy the new Canon D60 digital camera- now it looks like I'll have to buy an iBook........sheeeesh....

(you only live once)
Old May 9th, 2002, 05:08 PM   #4
Michael Rosenblum

DV DOJO

HEY STEVE
COME BY ANY TIME. IN FACT, IF YOU ARE AROUND, COME BY WED NIGHT. WE'RE HAVING A PARTY. 6:30 PM

ROSENBLUM
Old May 9th, 2002, 05:19 PM   #5
Trustee

DV Dojo

I wish I could attend your party- unfortunately I'll be in Florida on Wed, but I am certain I will go by the DV Dojo and look into joining...it looks exactly like what I've been wanting to get into...

...congrats on such a great idea...if a cyber cafe' can work then the DV Dojo should work equally well....

good luck at the party and have some fun....(make sure someone's taking video)

see ya soon,
Old June 8th, 2002, 08:31 PM   #6
Trustee

DV Dojo

....went to the DV Dojo today.....very nice facility (Mac heaven) and super friendly atmosphere....there's a relaxed atmosphere yet intense desire for everyone to succeed in whatever projects people seem to be working on. They are authorized Canon resellers which means any GL or XL (1S) owners would be most welcome and you'll be sure to have any questions answered by one of the dv "guru's" (but I myself saw tons of Sony PD150 and VX2000 type Sony cameras in user's photographs)...there's a fee to join and additional fee's to rent equip. etc.....best bet is to check out their site and see if they offer what you've been looking for......DVdojo.com

I sat in on a presentation by PF Bentley and another videographer from the Washington Post (he's the resident DV video guy there- from DVD to web)- they spoke on topics from transitioning from still photography to video and putting up web video and the current state of video streaming technology...this was a free seminar and was worth the visit- I urge fellow NY'ers who have some free time to contact them and arrange for a visit.
Old June 9th, 2002, 07:21 AM   #7
Capt. Quirk

Any chances of opening one in Florida?
Keith
K. Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2002, 12:57 PM   #8
Obstreperous Rex

Will anyone from DV Dojo be attending DV Expo East? Please drop by the Canon booth and say hi, I'd like to meet you (if we haven't already met at NAB).

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2002, 05:07 PM   #9
Michael Rosenblum

DV DOJO

We have only been open for five weeks and are already AT CAPACITY! I am astonished and delighted at the response so far, and so, of course, we are already looking at new sites and the potential for franchise. in the works at this early stage are Berlin, Winston/Salem, Atlanta and Seattle, but i am all ears at this point.

Rosenblum
Old June 11th, 2002, 08:56 AM   #10
Doconomus

Hello:

If you open one in Winston-Salem, it would be incredible! Let me know if you need any help. My hometown is a suburb of the area. This summer I work in Winston-Salem. Plus, the place where I work right now is trying to rent out 6,200 sq. feet of space. Thats just for your consideration.

Regards,

Kyle "Doc" Mitchell
Kyle "Doc" Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2002, 09:56 AM   #11
Michael Rosenblum

Winston Salem and other spots

Hey Doc,
I have forwarded this to the folks who are talking about the franchise. I hope they will get in touch with you. They think this could be pretty popular down there, and I think they are probably right.
Old June 11th, 2002, 10:21 AM   #12
Doconomus

Rosenblum:

Yeah! Thanks for forwarding the information. Tell them to feel free to contact me at work - I'll send you the number via email. Also, tell them there's plenty of parking where our building is located . . . .

I can't imagine the kind of publicity a place like this could get down here.

Regards,

Kyle "Doc" Mitchell

Woops! Can't email you, my number at work is 1.800.323.2522, ask for Kyle.
Kyle "Doc" Mitchell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements