QuickStream DV and Matrox at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > MCE QuickStream DV
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

MCE QuickStream DV
Specifically for the QuickStream DV Portable Hard Disk Recorder.

Old February 11th, 2004, 12:30 PM   #1
Tourist

QuickStream DV and Matrox

Has anyone been able to confirm if the QuickStream DV Hard Disk recorder for MCE Technologies is able to record in a codec that Matrox RTX100 Extreme will understand. I don't want to waste time converting from one format to another. I want to copy the footage to my main hard drive and edit right away using Matrox real-time effects.

Thanks

Jay
Old February 11th, 2004, 02:35 PM   #2
Trustee

Jay,

I have tried several times to get the answer to this and several other questions regarding compability with Matrox Rt2500. Guess what? Absolutely no response from MCE. Several members over in the Matrox forum also asked but no response. The best I can figure is you are taking a big chance on whether your can convert the captured file format on the MCE drive to something matrox will read. I was really excited about this product until MCE blew me off, so now I'll look elsewhere. Maybe you will have better luck.

Regards,

Mark
Old February 11th, 2004, 05:16 PM   #3
Tourist

Hi Mark,

I also called MCE to get some information regarding Matrox compatibility. The guy kept saying it does AVI Type 2. That does not mean Matrox will see it as its native DV format. I'm going to hold off on this purchase and wait unless someone can confirm 100% compatibility.

Jay
Old February 13th, 2004, 02:17 PM   #4
Wrangler

Matrox uses its own codec (wrap around) and so i'm pretty certain it will not work with the RTX 100 in realtime. You still should be able to import the footage into premiere but obviously you would need to render everything.

The RTX 100 uses interleaved DV footage (i.e. the audio is encoded into the video stream) but the RT2500 and below do not use interleaved.

Hope this helps,

Ed

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > MCE QuickStream DV