Premiere Pro vs. Pinnacle Liquid Edition at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old March 17th, 2004, 03:12 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Premiere Pro vs. Pinnacle Liquid Edition

First off, ROAR @ Pinnacle for having no plans to develop a compatability patch for using Pro-ONE system with Premiere Pro.

Now that that's out of my system, has anybody used Liquid Edition and Premiere Pro? Which is better? I have never used Liquid Ed. so i have no idea what its about. Any thoughts?
Gino Terribilini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2004, 06:11 AM   #2
Trustee

I only tried the Premiere demo which was based on an earlier version. At the time, I was using either Studio 8 or Magix Deluxe 2. So, I just cannot really compare, but...

I did upgrade from S8 to Edition 4.5, LE 5.0, and now Liquid Edition 5.5. The only things that could improve are Audio editing and DVD mastering. The audio editor is basic and there are better tools. That may change as Studio now supports VSF and rumour is that they will be supported in LE eventually.

The DVD is basic, but does pretty good. For me, I would like multi-angle, better menu transitions, and AC3 support. I can use Impression for multi and DVD Lab for the rest if I need it. AC3 may be coming as S9 supports a very basic form of it.

I like it. I hear folks whine that "it has a steep learning curve." When you are using Pro tools, they all have steep learning curves. There are some good tutorials and you can buy training DVDs from 3 companies now.
George Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2004, 09:17 AM   #3
Major Player

I switch over to Edtion 5 then to LE 5.5 and have been editing with it since August. I really like it now, a little bit of a learning curve, but going from Premiere 6.5 to Pro will be a bit of a learning curve as well, not as much though. It has a great color correction tool and is very stable. I mainly switch because my system didn't seem to have a enough power for Pro, I was using a 1900+ Athlon at the time. It seems that Pro needs a pretty powerful processor to work well, more than 6 or 6.5. The best thing to do is try the demo of Premiere and then goto an LE demo if there is one near you. That is what sold me and they are having traveling demos all over. It also depends on what you are doing. I keep 6 on my system to work with my DV500 card for certain projects, plus I can edit Quicktime files with Premiere if need be.
David Stoneburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2004, 11:31 AM   #4
Wrangler

For what it's worth, I gave up on Pinnacle when they stopped supporting the ProOne. I bought the upgrade to Edition 5.5, but was completely flummoxed by the user interface. Ultimately, the availability of 3rd-party products and plugins for Premiere drove my decision, and I got Premiere Pro. As soon as I can scrape together $700 or so, I'll do a competitive upgrade to a Matrox RT board.
Paul Tauger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC