Raw HDR-FX1 mpeg2 files are posted. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old October 22nd, 2004, 10:40 PM   #1
Trustee

Raw HDR-FX1 mpeg2 files are posted.

I used LumiereHD to capture these files that I shot last night with HDR-FX1.

I tried various ways of shooting, including riding my bike with no hand and going down the road fast while I was using both hands to control FX1. I thought this would be quite challenging for FX1 since a lot of pixels would be moving.

These are 1080i HDV files, so if you are watching it on a computer without interlace capability, making the playback size "half" would give you the similar look as you play back this file with original size on interlaced monitor (at least that is how I felt by comparing the monitoring on Sony master monitor and computer desktop playback).

I'm sorry that the footage is not that perfect since I'm not used to this camera yet and I'm not that professional on shooting other than mountainbike riding.

http://www.hdvinfo.net/media/kakugyo/

I will do more shooting today under the sunlight.

Thank you Chris and Jeff for providing me the server space.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2004, 11:30 PM   #2
New Boot

Thank you so much Kaku Ito!

The files play for me with media player classic, although not too good because of my poor computer, hehe.

Again thank you so much!

(edit: Oh, and ofcourse a big thanks to dvinfo for hosting this!)

Best, Magnus Andersén
Magnus Andersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2004, 12:42 AM   #3
Regular Crew

awesome, awesome. Now i will get this stuff to the PC from my mac and view them on the 50" HD XBR.

Kaku Ito, thank you so much for doing this. I look forward to more footage. At the moment i am dowloading all your clips. I hope you can film some in the cineframe 30 and 24p mode if you haven't already. Again thanks.

Michael Pappas
Arrfilms@hotmail.com
Michael Pappas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2004, 04:09 AM   #4
Regular Crew

THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS

THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS

THANKS THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Kaku Ito!!!!
I think you are the first one that have posted a full resolution clip of FX1!!!!You are very very kind!

The clip are very Beautiful,
but i think that with more light the Fx1(and the all camera of the world) will make toooooooo much better!

So,
-Can you PLEASE PLEASE post others clip shooted in Daylight?

and:
-Can you PLEASE PLEASE post 1 or two clip in cineframe 24 and 30 mode?

PS:Thanks to Chris and Jeff for the server space!

Thank you very very much!!!!!!

Best regards

Gabriele
Gabriele Turchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2004, 05:51 AM   #5
Major Player

cool, thanks Kaku Ito!, downloading right now( its gonna be a long wait) i dont know if my computer will choke!!
Anhar Miah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2004, 06:38 AM   #6
New Boot

Thanks Kaku, great footage! I'm hoping to buy this camera early in the New Year and this has definitely whetted my appetite!

PS Hope the earthquake tremors that are being reported as I type this haven't affected you.

Thom
Thom Seaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2004, 06:53 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Can I kiss you?

For playback, I recommend using the freeware VLC for Mac OS X/Windows/Linux etc www.videolan.org
Donal Briard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2004, 07:20 AM   #8
Major Player

I just watched it, very nice, i just wish i could watch these on a 52" screen , better yet a HD projector. And heres the problem, are there any HD TV's in the UK? i know you can get HD projectors, i guess they will work out the some in price(maybe).

Anyway great stuff!

P.S any ideas on how to downconvert these to DVD ? tried Tmpgenc 2.5 (didnt like it) so far only VLC plays these files, Win player just craches (hehe :)

OOPS forot to metion let VLC to the deinterlacing it look much better, try discard ,method, and if your comptuer is fast enough try bob/blend
Anhar Miah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2004, 07:44 AM   #9
Regular Crew

I wanna see, I wanna see! Whhhaaaaa

Sorry my out in the middle- a - nowhere internet connection would take a millinia to download these , I may try some at night while I sleep and I can watch them on My HD set through my HD video card.

Does he have audio too? and are people having trouble with Win Media 10 player?
I see these are m2t files shouldnt cineform HD Connect deal with these as to put them in Vegas and burn to DVD to see what the downconversion quality is?
David Newman are you out there?

I saw someone having TMPGE problems...yikes this is all I have that works with my Dual layer drive.

I hope software catchs up quick
Mark Paschke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2004, 09:01 AM   #10
Major Player

Canon XL2 - R.I.P.

Just saw the footage...

don't want to sound mean, but do you think anyone will be able to GIVE an XL2 away?
Mark Kubat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2004, 09:16 AM   #11
Major Player

Kaku's m2t files recognized in Sony Vegas 5!

Now I have the same capability as if I myself captured the clips - this is incredible. Media properties: 1440 x 1080 x 32 mpeg 2; yes, it's a b***h to work with as it tries to keep up - everyone, if you want to work with this stuff, we are all going to have upgrade our machines for sure.

I will be burning to SD DVD and assess compared to XL2... once I get all the files downloaded, I will start the encoding - will go for 2 pass, avg 8.5 bitrate with min at 7.5...

will report later (probably towards end of day)

Wow, the resolution - the low light - I cannot wait to get one!
Old October 23rd, 2004, 09:16 AM   #12
Trustee

I'm overwhelmed by all of your responses. You know I've been writing articles for Video Alfa Magazine, DV Magazine Japan and other famous Japanese magazines in my own language, but Japanese readers are very undecided until most of the people have the same ideas. So, most of the time my ideas and activities don't get understood. So, I really appreciate all of your feedback.

I'm capturing the daylight footage now and after putting those on the server, I will respond to your questions. Especially, concerning to play them back on larger screens. I have a JVC 42 inch plazma display, a ProjectionDesign's ModelOne HD projector and a Sony PVM-D20L5J here at my company.

By the way, my company is called CreativeSuite. I though of this name long before Adobe started using it recently. It is too bad that all of the contents on www.creativesuite.com is in Japanese. Because we provide lots of information for Apple, Decklink and MOTU stuff. If anyone can read Japanese, please enjoy.
Old October 23rd, 2004, 09:24 AM   #13
Major Player

I can watch in Windows Media Player 10

a warning comes up that it thinks it's unrecognized, but then you have option: try to play anyway?

Say yes and it does!

You probably have to have mpeg2 codec via Sony Vegas/DVD architect installed on system to make this happen - hence the discussions with VLC etc. previously reported - just get an mpeg2 codec!

By the way, the night shots to me seem very close to the look on the streets in "Collateral."

The low light alone is gonna make this thing the indie film darling.
Old October 23rd, 2004, 09:26 AM   #14
Trustee

Good work, Mark.

I will leave it up to you on the Vegas, because I'm new to Vegas. You probably should start a new thread for that so we can talk about Vegas and these files seperately. I would be very interested in talking about it. When you edit and encode them, please put my company's website address since I'm using the facility here and the company should earn some credit. It is www.creativesuite.com. Thank you.
Old October 23rd, 2004, 10:28 AM   #15
Trustee

I added a selection of daylight footage

I sent more files with daylight and put them in a folder in the Kakugyo. I also moved the night footage in to its folder, too. Enjoy!!
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1