Frequency Range on the Sennheiser Evolution 100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old October 28th, 2004, 06:30 PM   #1
New Boot

Frequency Range on the Sennheiser Evolution 100

Having read numerous posts, I'm considering getting The

" Sennheiser Evolution G2 100 Series - Camera Mountable UHF Lavalier Wireless System with EK100G2 Receiver SK100G2 BodyPack Transmitter and ME4 Microphone".

However, I'm a relative newby especially in the audio area. It appears that I need to choose a frequency range option. Can anyone tell me if there is a frequency range that would be better than the others? I'm sure there are some factors that I need to consider, but could some one clue me in on what? I live in Montana and will primarily be using these outside.

Also, will I need the MA-100/200 adapter? I've read a couple things that make it seem like i could maybe get by without it.
Thanks in advance.

Henry
Henry Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2004, 04:21 AM   #2
Wrangler

The best frequency range typically depends on what major transmiters (e.g., UHF TV stations) are in the geographical area you intend to use the wireless system. The point is to have a frequency range with no or minimal transmitters in or near the frequency range you select. Your dealer or the Sennheiser factory rep in the USA should be able to help you with this for your location.

If the receiver is always used at/on the camcorder, and you do not intend to use XLR-connected mics, you can get by without a MA-100/200. They do offer an improved shoulder pad for hand-held shooting and may be mearly worth it for that reason alone. (You might need other adapters to connect the Sennheisers output cable.)
Old October 29th, 2004, 11:37 AM   #3
New Boot

Thanks so much. Very helpful.
Henry Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2004, 02:52 PM   #4
Wrangler

Henry,

Here is a thread (that I guess I could stand to update!!) from when I was asking the same question as you are now.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=31301

I'm sure that no matter which freq band you use, you'll do fine in your area. I live in Houston and after much gnashing of teeth, got the G2 ENG setup in the "C" Freq range. I've only used it a few times so far but had NO trouble at all. Very sweet.

BTW, I don't know about the ME4 setup, but my ENG kit came with BOTH a mini-jack (standard 3.5mm) cable and XLR connector cable, so the receiver works equally well with my XL2 (XLR connectors) and GL2 (mini-jack).

Again, my experience with the G2 has been very limited, but excellent so far. It seems the "C" band is the favorite, and most likely to be in stock in most retailers...go for it! ;-)

Cheers,
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog