Cheap xm2 battery link found at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old December 4th, 2002, 06:44 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Cheap xm2 battery link found

I have bought 2 large BP-941(5) batteries from "Sabah Oceanic Inc." for my XM2. On Friday I placed my order and this morning FedEx delivered them to my doorstep for the amazing low price of $77.2 including shipment.
http://www.sabahoceanic.com/vcanon.html

After 3 hours the first is completely charged and I'm going to take it for a test-drive.

I'm curious what the catch is. It's almost to good to be true. One original canon, lenmar or power2000 battery costs more than double the price I paid now.

Specifications are: Li-ion, 7.2V. 5500mAh
Dirk Goris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2002, 01:22 PM   #2
Regular Crew

very interesting. you get 2 batteries with 1000 more mAh for nearly the half price of one original battery.

thanks for the tip. how is the quality? how long do they last?

does anyone know how long it may take them to ship them to germany?
Old December 4th, 2002, 03:08 PM   #3
Regular Crew

It will take 3 to 4 days I guess. I only received them this morning so it's a little bit early to recommend them but they are solidly build and the service was excellent.
Old December 7th, 2002, 05:41 AM   #4
Regular Crew

and, what did you find out? are they good?

btw: do they come with a cover like the canon-batteries (the grey thing you put on the back of the battery to protect it)?
Old December 7th, 2002, 06:20 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I've only had them for a week now and haven't had the opportunity to film a lot but they seem to be well build and the cells are from Japan.

I think they last longer than the canons.

They come without the plastic protection but they where very well secured for transportation.
Old December 8th, 2002, 04:00 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Hi.

Just after reading the posts above, I have bought 2 BP930 for 65€ and I´m waiting for the results.

I will inform.
Old December 13th, 2002, 09:04 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Just wanted to let you know, that the batteries I ordered on sunday were delivered today (2 BP-945 & 2 Sony for a Hama videolight). they were very well secured and seem to work, I am just loading one of the Canon-batts. I'll tell you more when I've tested them "in the field". I think 5500 mAh will last at least 4 hours...
Old December 13th, 2002, 01:19 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Fast service

Posted the order on 12/08 and recived on home on 12/13. Every thing seems OK, and they have 3700mA instead of 3000 Canon certified.!!!

I´m talking of the PB-930 model vs. the equivalent of sabahoceanic one.

Ignacio
Old December 15th, 2002, 01:23 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Those prices are incredible!
John Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2002, 01:35 AM   #10
Regular Crew

I did a shooting of a two hours classical concert last night and my battery now is half empty. I used the LCD finder all the time and did some zooming (not a lot). I guess 4 hours of shooting with this BP-941 battery has to be possible. For this price an unbelievable result.

The only thing I wish for is that they would include the plastic battery cover for extra protection when the battery is not in use. I wouldn't have mind paying a few cents extra for it.
Old December 17th, 2002, 03:01 PM   #11
New Boot

Re: Cheap xm2 battery link found

Hello, i want to buy these battery`s but i`ll want to now if the info (like battery time and how full is it on display) is correct with these immitations

thank Erwin

ps sorry for my bad enlish
Old December 17th, 2002, 04:28 PM   #12
Regular Crew

hi erwin,

i've used one of the 2 sabahoceanic bp-941/5 for nearly two hours of standby, recording, vcr (all lcd) now and on the display it says that the batt is still half full.

additionally i can tell you that a 6v/4000mah nimh-batt from sabahoceanic supplied my 30 watt videolight for nearly 40 minutes.
Old December 18th, 2002, 11:32 AM   #13
New Boot

Hi, what i want to now is that the info like howmanny power the battery have left on the screen is correct with this immitation battery

I, had a Sony and if i put on a immmitation battery than the info was not correct, it give not the right info on the screen
Old December 23rd, 2002, 08:04 PM   #14
Regular Crew

Based on this thread I ordered the BP-522 equivalent batteries for my Optura Pi.

Ordered on the 17th, arrived on the 21st, via Fed Ex. They had gone thru customs. The batteries are silver instead of the dark gray of the Canons, but otherwise appear identical.

I had a shoot on the 21st, so I left with the batteries not yet fully charged. That one battery shot two tapes for a total of 85 minutes with LED display on. When I got home, that same battery rewound 4 tapes, then imported the 85 minutes of footage into the computer, again with the fold out display on. It still had power when I shut down for the night.

I don't know how this compares to the real Canon, but I'm a happy camper.
Tom Voigt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2002, 05:04 AM   #15
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by e.kolman : Hi, what i want to now is that the info like howmanny power the battery have left on the screen is correct with this immitation battery

I, had a Sony and if i put on a immmitation battery than the info was not correct, it give not the right info on the screen -->>>

hi erwin,

the displayed power seems to be correct

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders