DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   2nd Unit Television (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/2nd-unit-television/)
-   -   NAB Anyone? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/2nd-unit-television/118047-nab-anyone.html)

Adam Beck March 28th, 2008 09:22 PM

NAB Anyone?

Anyone from 2nd Unit attending NAB this year?

Joe Bowey March 29th, 2008 03:13 PM

Me and wife will be there. Staying at the MGM.

Jonathan Ames April 2nd, 2008 11:13 PM

Scott will probably be there but with my wife's fractured hip still mending for another 4-weeks, this'll be the first year in a century (or at least it feels like it) that I'll miss it. In the mean time, until 2nd Unit is back up to full speed, please remember to check out "Notes from a Gearhead", Paolo's blog. He learned an awful lot from us while he was here but more than that, he's a talented artist who can combine that artistry with uncanny technological knowledge to continue the teaching until Scott, Jaime, me and the gang are back up to speed.

Joe Bowey April 5th, 2008 06:56 PM

Jonathan, sorry I have not been in touch lately. I still have some coffee for you and I'll get in touch soon.
Went to "El Palel" website and nothing also Paolo website is a no go. Wish you guys were going to NAB but TOTALLY understand and were keep praying for your wifes full recovery.

Keep the faith and DON'T give up on the dream.

Joe Bowey

Scott C. Chambers April 8th, 2008 09:21 PM

Oh yeah! 2nd-unit will be there with bells on!!! I'm staying at Circus Circus along with friends from DVXuser.com who are staying there also.
Joe feel free to give me Jonathans coffee. "Yeah that's the ticket" Wink Wink Nudge Nuge!!! He'll get for sure????

Joe Bowey April 11th, 2008 06:03 PM

We'll I might bring a few pounds with me. I am saying at the MGM so where can we meet to satisfy your fix?
I'll be there until wednesday.

Denis Danatzko April 12th, 2008 08:36 PM

Just gonna miss it...

celebrating 25th wedding anniversary with a trip to LV, but arriving April 18...1 day too late. Am green w/envy.

Scott C. Chambers April 12th, 2008 10:32 PM

Joe check your P.M. Maybe lunch at the cyber cafe on Tuesday??

Scott C. Chambers April 16th, 2008 09:47 PM

N.A.B. was fantastic! Joe I waited at the cyber Cafe till 1p.m. I think the heat was on, good thing you did not drop by!
Scott C.

Joe Bowey April 17th, 2008 09:10 AM

Sorry couldn't make it across the border. Just got back rom NAB sorry too have misssed you. My feet are klling me.

Scott C. Chambers April 17th, 2008 09:23 PM

Yes the border was rough! But it gave me the chance to put my feet up for an hour, there was very few at the cafe!. It was great!!!!
Scott C.

Joe Bowey April 19th, 2008 05:17 PM

You know the economy is bad when all the vendors want to talk to you. A couple of years ago I couldn't get in some booths too see someone but this years they gave me sooo much of their time to answer questions. I almost felt like a real person.
Had a great time . I'll send you some coffee if you can e-mail your address.
Johnathon never sent me my Adobe prize I won from Last year. He is off my christmas list. JUST KIDDING I'll be sending him some coffee and tea soon.
I really missed Johnathon and Paolo. It left a big hole in my tuesday schedule. But I wish them the very best.

Jonathan Ames April 19th, 2008 09:48 PM

It was strange not being at NAB for the fist time in umpteen years but family has to come first. Joyce has her final 10- week orthopedic surgeon visit on Monday so after that, hopefully she can start putting some weight on her leg and get rid of the "old lady walker"!

Finally, Joe, that Adobe set went out to you right after we talked about you not being able to use the Mac version. Please e-mail me or call me and let me know what's up. You gave me your address so if it's incorrect, well, jusat e-mail or call me. As to Scott, the stalwart NAB attendee this year, I'm glad you had a good time. I'm afraid NAB is going to have a rough go og it for the next few years because of the economy but, as Joe and Scott fouind out, that means the red carpet's out for more independents.