Episode Downloads? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > 2nd Unit Television
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

2nd Unit Television
Companion discussion forum for the 2nd Unit TV web site.

Old July 2nd, 2006, 05:43 PM   #16
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ames
No. Take the ML home with my trailer next week or sometime B4 summer ends, load it in and bring it down.
That's a great idea. Thanks!
Old July 2nd, 2006, 06:09 PM   #17
2nd Unit TV

Thanks for your response. Last note on this issue. You're welcomed to stay and you're welcomed to go but if you elect to remain and pitch in, all that will ever be asked of you is to refrain wholly from using any terminology that even approximates foul language. We run this area as looosely as possible not really having any restrictions except inappropriate behavoir. It's inappropriate, it's ill-mannered and it's objectionable. Other than that, you're welcomed to do as you please bearing in mind that these people work excededingly hard to make this place, good or bad, what it is and I will defend them individually and collectively as members of a very close family.

Now, on to better and more fun stuff.The piece on filters is coming out great, J&K and thanks for your help. Heck, I didn't even know how polarization worked and you make me look like an optical engineer. Thanks for your research and work and I know the viewers will enjoy it. Now go home. I am. It's 5:15 and 10 hours on a Sunday holiday is enough.
Old July 2nd, 2006, 09:21 PM   #18
Major Player

Jeez, Jonathan, Paolo, you guys keep making me want to support you more and more!

That's what I like to see for a start up. The drive and passion to sacrifice one's time to support an idea that they truly believe in!

Jonathan, I don't think Chris meant any real harm or meant to say something in such a way as to intentionaly put your site down.

Now, about this Harley ride, strap on some camera's to your bikes and film the road trip! That way, when your stuck working into the long night and you want to escape for awhile, you can pop the clip on that nice big screen you had behind George and "Ride or Die" as the rappers like to say. It's been a while since I got to ride a bike. What with the kids and the wife, who truly does not wish for me to ride a bike (safety reasons), and me promising to get rid of the bike when we had children, (bike is still in the garage, after nearly three years-though not ridden), I can't help but wish to ride through that Pacific Coast Highway, stop by Hunington Beach and get me a hot dog from one of the best hot dog joints there, then off to Redondo Pier for some crabs!

Jonathan, I can't believe you own a plane, a hog, and probably a classic Corvette convertable...

Paolo, yet again, I'm blown by the fact that you can program! I envy your talents. My farthest in programing was, "Hello World!" Jonathan did right in choosing you as a partner. One of these days, your programing skills will be a lifesaver to the business. A custom program that will be needed to do something or what not.

So anyway, on your way down the coast, stop by and pick me up a dog, express mail it to me, will ya? HEH. :)
Old July 2nd, 2006, 09:35 PM   #19
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kang
Now, about this Harley ride, strap on some camera's to your bikes and film the road trip!
I keep trying to find the right harness for it. I have a pretty elaborate paint job that I don't want to ruin and at the same time it's fairly hard to keep the camera from shaking horribly. I did some tests months ago and I resolved to give up on using a camera on a bike that vibrates a lot. A small, Japanese four-inline is a better candidate. If you strap the camera low enough the clips should be pretty exciting. A vibration-happy, V-Twin, 100CI chopper is not the best platform for a camera :)

Quote:
Paolo, yet again, I'm blown by the fact that you can program! I envy your talents.
Thank you but there's really not much to it. I've been a geek for long time. I started in 1983 with IBM S/34, then moved to the PC and so on. I like to think that I've been a "bit pusher" all my life, now I push image bits instead of data bits :) I'm actually trying to get out of the programming world, I neglected the purely creative side for years, to make a living. But, yes, it's a useful thing to have under your belt :)

Thanks again for the kind words, have a great 4th of July!
Old July 2nd, 2006, 10:44 PM   #20
2nd Unit TV

No corvette, but then again I'm not mid-life crisising...yet! As to Chris, you're right and when you're right, it deserves an apology so please accept that, Chris, if you're reading this. I'm a fiercely loyal friend and I tend to protect my family. And, as I've said a dozen times, the filmmaking comnmunity is a family and 2nd Unit is a family within a family. Chris Hurd gave us a revered place on this board and I have the trust of him and of the people who are working their tails off for this forum and I will do my best not to let any of them down. It's simnply that "unprofessional" is not a word I'd use to describe them or their workproduct ever. So, with working all weekend, my view was a little short and for that, Chris, please accept my apology.

As for the airplanes, they're a necessity. I run a company that has me all over the place and to me, they're like a car; simply transportation. The Harley on the other hand is merely an extravagance my wife let's me indulge. She has the horses of which one is mine for riding with her and playing cowboy and I have a few dozen of them...all neatly packed under a gas tank and seat!!!;-)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > 2nd Unit Television