Chart Downloads at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > 2nd Unit Television
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

2nd Unit Television
Companion discussion forum for the 2nd Unit TV web site.

Old July 4th, 2006, 11:34 AM   #1
Major Player

Chart Downloads

Hi Jonathan,

I think I recall someone asking about downloading the charts George was showing but which we could never really see. I'd like to see a pdf download available that would make it possible for us to follow along better or refer to later.

Thanks!

Warren
Old July 4th, 2006, 11:53 AM   #2
Major Player

I went back to see "part two" and I see it's been recut and shows many more chart inserts. It would still be great to download the reference file. The GSD reference chart.
Old July 4th, 2006, 12:53 PM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Shultz
I went back to see "part two" and I see it's been recut and shows many more chart inserts. It would still be great to download the reference file. The GSD reference chart.
Hey Warren, good idea.
I have the Photoshop version, I'll convert it to PDF and post it.
Old July 4th, 2006, 12:57 PM   #4
Trustee

Chart online

The George Dibie chart is online. I posted it temporarily on the CruiserCast site, Jonathan, when you have a minute, it would be great if you can download it and post it on 2nd Unit.
Here it is: http://www.cruisercast.com/images/GSD-Chart.pdf

It's in PDF so you don't need to have or load Photoshop.
Old July 4th, 2006, 02:21 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks Paolo, way to jump on it!
Old July 4th, 2006, 04:46 PM   #6
2nd Unit TV

Thanks for that, Paolo. I'd a been there for ya buddy but I've been working my fingers to the bone shooting Laura Renee in a bikini all morning to add to this week's piece on filters. She was the young actress in Part 2 of the George Dibie interview. We tossed her in the pool after we shot some segements around the spa and backyard to help illustrate filter effects. It's a tough job but someone has to do it. Hope you like the segment tomorrow.
Old July 4th, 2006, 05:27 PM   #7
Regular Crew

OK J, we're calling foul here. We don't mind you editing our work but fair is fair. If you're putting a gorgeous girl in there, we want equal beefcake time with one of your LAPD or Fire buddies! ;-)
Old July 4th, 2006, 05:54 PM   #8
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ames
Thanks for that, Paolo. I'd a been there for ya buddy but I've been working my fingers to the bone shooting Laura Renee in a bikini all morning
Oh, poor you. I'm glad you are there to sacrifice for the good of all of us ;)
We are not worthy, we are not worthy
Old July 4th, 2006, 09:48 PM   #9
Major Player

Okay, Paolo, now that we have the chart, I'm wondering if you caught some of the distinctions I'm wondering about. On the chart we see the Cross Keys, the DB Square, and the DB "X". I'm trying to determing if these three are different descriptions of essentially the same shot or what the differences are. If I go by the shadows, it seems to represent cross keys with different placements affecting the shadows thrown. For example, the DB square shows the shadows directed more at the closer actors--almost like a kicker while on the X, they affect the farther actor more like a cross key. I wonder if George could elaborate on this. Might as well take advantage of having questions answered while he's available!

Warren

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > 2nd Unit Television