DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   2nd Unit Television (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/2nd-unit-television/)
-   -   Volunteer Schedule... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/2nd-unit-television/71616-volunteer-schedule.html)

George David July 16th, 2006 09:40 PM

Volunteer Schedule...

Hi Jonathan, I would like to fly down there and help out during the next
George Dibbie show. You are making it too easy for indie filmmakers to
meet the greats! Thanks for doing that.

Would it be a problem if you give us a rough schedule on who's going to be in your show so people here would know and plan accordingly?

Too bad I live pretty far, but driving/flying down there wouldn't be a
problem just to meet you guys and help out in a little way!!!

Jonathan Ames July 17th, 2006 11:09 AM

Thanks George. It's messages like this that keep our people going thorough the very difficult start-up times. I'll let you know when George is back on deck and we're working on the next 13-week series schedule right now.

As for this Season's schedule, it's truly been an amazing start for our idea. We've had 6-time Emmy winner George Spiro Dibie on for Weeks 1 and 2 with Tiffen Filters following him which got a huge response for Week 3, Jody Eldred followed for Weeks 4 and 5 with his Part 1 airing right now and Part 2 scheduled for next Friday on Week 5. Then we have a 2-part series on make up, an exceedingly important part of production, following for Weeks 6 and 7 with veteran International artist Isabella who, at 28, German, blonde haired and blue-eyed and 5'11" is as stunningly beautiful as she is talented. Weeks 8 and 9 we will have David Tatersall, DP on Con Air, 2 episodes of Star Wars and currently working on Next and Zoom. 24's DP Rodney Charters follows for Weeks 10 and 11 and the closing weeks of 12 and 13 are a surprise, the announcement of which is being held until Week 10 while we confirm everything. Trust us, though, you'll be amazed at what we have planned.

Jeff Sayre July 17th, 2006 11:24 AM

Jonathan:

I agree with George, if you could let us know at least a month in advance when and who you are shooting, that would make it possible for people like me--who have lots of frequent flyer miles--to make plans to fly out.

Hey, I've driven to California for a job before so flying from Indiana is a piece of cake. I'm not sure how flexible my schedule is currently, but with enough notice, I could possibly rearrange things.

Jeff

K. Forman July 17th, 2006 11:26 AM

Then there are folks like me, who will need you to send the company's Piper out to pick us up... ;)

Greg Boston July 17th, 2006 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Forman
Then there are folks like me, who will need you to send the company's Piper out to pick us up... ;)

And if they send it out for me, I can help fly it back since I've logged many hours in the Warrior and Arrow. ;-)

K. Forman July 17th, 2006 11:36 AM

I want a seperate flight, please?

Jonathan Ames July 17th, 2006 11:38 AM

It's a Cessna (I do love Pipers though even though they put the wing on the wrong side of the fuselage!!!) Not many people know this but Paolo's been driving from Santa Cruz 700 miles roud trip to LA and back the last 4 weeks to do the program. This week I'm flying up to pick him up because it's a 10-hour round trip! All this with his girlfriend understanding, his own motorcycle company and HellRaisers show on the Internet each and every week! He's also been made a full partner because I couldn't do it without him and the others who volunteer their time though not to the extent he does. So flying to pick someone up who wants to do the show and meet the Guest Stars is not a big deal for mme. I so appreciate what you all are doing to help spread the word and make this a successful venture.
J

Jeff Sayre July 17th, 2006 11:40 AM

Okay, since Greg will be flying out to pick up Keith, I request a brief detour to South Bend on the way back to California. ;)

Jonathan, that's very kind of you to do that for Paolo--picking him up AND making him a partner. I agree. He deserves it!

K. Forman July 17th, 2006 11:41 AM

Cesna, Piper... when you get the Lear, then you've made it ;)

Joe Bowey July 17th, 2006 04:07 PM

I'll difinetly come down from Phoenix to help just need to tag a date.
Maybe you can list what weeks you have left to shoot and we can sign up for a certain week.

EX. Week 7 July 26
Week 8 Aug 2

Just examples. Thou your last week is #13 and thats my lucky number.
Anyways keep up the great work and we'll be in touch.

K. Forman July 17th, 2006 04:14 PM

Maybe you know you've made it, when you have people begging to volunteer to work!

George David July 17th, 2006 04:34 PM

To be able to know the who's who in Hollywood, I'm pretty sure Jonathan has made it long time ago :-)

Jonathan Ames July 17th, 2006 08:19 PM

Thank you for those most kind words, all but when you've been doing anything for this long, you just make friends and if your honest, they stay with you and support you which is exactly why I'm able to get the people on the show that i can...that and another good friend, Jaime Emmanuelli who also is a staple in the industry who has discovered and maintained the key to success in this business; keep your word. It's that simple. No one is too important not to return phone calls, e-mails or do things you say you'll do. It's that simple. I just found out that David Tatersall has to reschedule for Wednesday but he called and told us making sure that he gets a rain check in the near future. We'll be doing his crew anyway who'll set the styage for David but that's a class act. Two days before the shoot he calls and apologizes and sets a new date. So, again, when you've been in this busiess this long, people much larger than I am treat with you with respect and honor. So yea, I guess judged in that light of honor, integrity and fairplay, I guess you could say I've made it and now want to share it with all of you. But it's not a place anyone can't get to.