Next Week Teaser...and we mean TEASER at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > 2nd Unit Television
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

2nd Unit Television
Companion discussion forum for the 2nd Unit TV web site.

Old July 19th, 2006, 11:10 PM   #1
2nd Unit TV

Next Week Teaser...and we mean TEASER

2nd Unit is proud to have an enviable list of industry professioonals but this week is super special. Isabella (you know you've made it when you're known by one name!!!) is doing a 30-minute show on makeup but here's the dilmma; who's better looking, the model or the artist...OK or the producer. Tune into www.2nd-unit.tv for the trailer. And we'll have 4 more weeks of the series.. Enjoy.
Jonathan

http://2nd-unit.tv/downloads/Episode-06-Teaser.mov

By the way, I think the producer's the best looking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But you're probably not looking at me now are you?!?!?!

Last edited by Jonathan Ames; July 20th, 2006 at 08:48 AM.
Old July 20th, 2006, 11:18 AM   #2
Major Player

Nice tease! And as an aside, that .mov is what I'm talkin' about. It was fast, quality, and downloadable. Keep 'em coming THAT way. I never could get a decent viewing of the last episode on my pc and not at all on my Mac.

Was Jonathan even IN this tease? I didn't notice.
Old July 20th, 2006, 11:50 AM   #3
Major Player

I never thought a music video about makeup could be so entertaining.

By the way, the new animated logo at the end is very nice! Did Paolo put that together?
Old July 20th, 2006, 11:56 AM   #4
Capt. Quirk

Am I a geek, because I paid as much attention to the quality of the clip as I did to the two cuties? What compressor did you use?
Old July 20th, 2006, 12:37 PM   #5
2nd Unit TV

Hey, geeks are people too!!;-) Yes, Paolo did it all which is wonderful for me beacuse he knows his stuff. We're so very fortunte to be attracting the talent this site is because there's simply no way I could have done it all...even though I thought I could. A producer is just that, a producer. Getting the people and the the funding together to build a quality product. Without people like Paolo, the shows would still look like the first one. Without Jaime, there'd be alot less talent in the guest star areas. And without the people behind the cameras like Jeff and Tip McPartland and Scott Chambers there'd be no series so we thank you for your comments and your coming back week after week. We hope you're getting what you want here and at 2nd-Unit.tv. BTW, last week more than 4500 downloads were logged by the server at Go Daddy last week and we have to thank them for providing the hosting and EasyStream for the bandwidth.
Old July 20th, 2006, 12:40 PM   #6
Capt. Quirk

Ok... you used the Paolo compressor then. Where can I download it for myself?
Old July 20th, 2006, 12:42 PM   #7
2nd Unit TV

Same place you get all the other quality stuff, 2nd-Unit.tv.
Old July 20th, 2006, 12:46 PM   #8
Capt. Quirk

I have to agree, that trailer does look great, and yet pretty small in size. I really want to know how you got it so nice.
Old July 20th, 2006, 01:16 PM   #9
Major Player

It's encoded H.264, 640 X 360 at 29.97 FPS at a datarate pf 833 kbits/sec. I'm guessing Paolo edited and encoded this one in FCP and exported using Compressor.
Old July 20th, 2006, 01:22 PM   #10
Capt. Quirk

Thanks Warren, that was what I wanted. I really haven't played with the H.264 codecs, mostly because I thought there were issued between it and Windows. Obviously, I was way off there!
Old July 20th, 2006, 02:59 PM   #11
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Sayre
I never thought a music video about makeup could be so entertaining.
By the way, the new animated logo at the end is very nice! Did Paolo put that together?
Thank you and thank you and thanks to everybody for the nice feedback.
Yes, I cut that in Final Cut, had a ton of fun doing it. The clips where captured in HDV wwith the JVC HD100, all on tape. I first prepared the soundtrack and then added the images. Exported the movie as a QuickTime reference file, dropped it inside compressor 2.x, selected H.264 at a VBR, temporal and spatial quality just a notch higher than Medium, fast start hits for streaming, keyframe every 60, AAC for sound, compressed in about 10 minutes on my G4 Powerbook.
Whew, hope I didn't forget anything ;)
Old July 20th, 2006, 10:10 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Awsome work guys! Loved it. Can't wait for more.
Old July 20th, 2006, 11:25 PM   #13
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Sayre
The logo at the end is done with Live Type. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Live Type is the one application that I saw on the Mac that made a 20 year PC veteran like me go out and buy a Mac. It's that good.

I used a similar combination as a website entrance movie for our band using a phrase from on of our original songs.

Good job, Paolo. LiveType is a blast, huh? You did a nice job on the video too.

-gb-
Old July 21st, 2006, 07:16 AM   #14
Trustee

Hey Greg.
Good spotting of LiveType. Actually, to be totally precise, I did that in Motion using the LiveType font. BTW, I just picked up "Shake" for $499.00, that's another "life change" program :)

Take care.
Old July 21st, 2006, 08:46 AM   #15
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo Ciccone
Hey Greg.
Good spotting of LiveType. Actually, to be totally precise, I did that in Motion using the LiveType font. BTW, I just picked up "Shake" for $499.00, that's another "life change" program :)

Take care.
Yeah Paolo, that's one of the cool things that I have discovered is how nicely you can pass stuff back and forth amongst the different apps. With Motion, you can do ram render previews and the more ram you have, the more complexity you can view. It doesn't happen automatically, you have to invoke it from the menu everytime you make a change.

-gb-

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > 2nd Unit Television