More and More Supporters... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > 2nd Unit Television

2nd Unit Television
Companion discussion forum for the 2nd Unit TV web site.

Old August 6th, 2006, 09:33 AM   #1
Major Player

More and More Supporters...

Jonathan:

As I went to watch Episode 7 in great anticipation this week, I read the "More and More Supporters Coming on Board" section on the front page of the 2nd Unit website. I am excited that 2nd Unit is receiving the attention and support that it deserves. I've posted this message because I wanted to take a moment to thank you. I am a big supporter of 2nd Unit and truly appreciate all that you are doing for the Industry and independent producers. It was a nice surprise to see my name mentioned. I am honored by your recognition.

I do hope to come out in the not-to-distant future and help out with one of 2nd Unit's projects. Living in Indiana, I feel I'm missing out on many industry networking opportunities. I've joked with my wife that it is time for us to move west so I can build the contacts I need to be successful in my second career. I've already had almost 20 years in another career and it's time for me to move on to something else. If I can find my way out of the corn maze, perhaps it will happen.

If you or Paolo are ever in the Chicago area, let me know. I'd love to come meet you guys in person.

Thanks again!

Last edited by Jeff Sayre; August 6th, 2006 at 10:07 AM.
Old August 6th, 2006, 10:07 AM   #2
2nd Unit TV

Thank you, Jeff, for your kind, kind words.. I have to say, to you and everyone else who is one of the group of followers we have, if you're old enough to remember, "What a long, strange trip it's been." I started this thing out with no intention of doing anything but trying to help people understand how we do things in the industry, this so they can make their productilons 1000 percent better. Nothing fancy. Little did I know how passionate people would get over this. Today, we have 5000 people looking, listening, downloading and it's become another business with wonderful, caring people like you as watchers and a host of corporate partners coming on board everyday. I was in New York with Sony, Abel Cine and finishing up the contract with Tiffen Filters and so many people are so excited about what we are doing that things have got to evolve. And it's truly because of people like you that we're putting the time and money and the sweat and the tears into this. This will never make us money but it sure does make Paolo, Jaime's and my heart sing every day we get up.
Old August 6th, 2006, 11:08 AM   #3
Major Player

What ever happened to the national champion shooting project?
Old August 6th, 2006, 11:22 AM   #4
2nd Unit TV

It's in the hands of the NETWORK...otherwise known as the Big Black Hole...until they decide what they want to do with it and how it fits into their plans. One of the reasons why we're so happy to have Hollywod star attorney J. Michael Kelly on two upcoming episodes (at the request of one of our viewers) is to explain how Hollywood works before, during and after a production has been completed. They have 5 episodes in the can ready for broadcast that they optioned a couple of months ago and have 90 days to exercise their option on them. That time runs out August 15th at which time we'll be notified that they're exercising their option to distribute or releasing the show back to us for other distribution.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > 2nd Unit Television