Web Designer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > 2nd Unit Television

2nd Unit Television
Companion discussion forum for the 2nd Unit TV web site.

Old August 6th, 2006, 10:37 AM   #1
2nd Unit TV

Web Designer

Before we go outside the group, I wanted to give the readers the oportunity to join the 2nd Unit Production Team as a website designer and maintainer. Someone already volunteered and I can't recall who it was. We need it to be in Dreamweaver 8 as Adobe is a major sponsor and we will provide any and all software you need or want including anything in the Adobe Suite of products along with all updates. That' s about $2500 worth of equipment that's yours to own and not just use for 2nd Unit. If Adobe makes it, you own it. Plus you get a couple of cool shirts wit the 2nd Unit Team logo on them and world-wide attention as part of the 2nd Unit Team. Let us know.
Jonathan
Old August 6th, 2006, 11:47 AM   #2
Capt. Quirk

I'll be happy to throw my hat in.
Old August 6th, 2006, 11:54 AM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Forman
I'll be happy to throw my hat in.
Thank you Keith. I just sent you an email
Old August 6th, 2006, 12:07 PM   #4
Major Player

How much work are you talking about for this? I would be interested. I use Dreamweaver, Flash and Photoshop for all my web work, and Premiere for my editing, so I'm halfway on the team already :).
Old August 6th, 2006, 12:13 PM   #5
Capt. Quirk

Paolo- Got the email, will get back to you later today.
Old August 6th, 2006, 12:25 PM   #6
2nd Unit TV

I'm not known for getting all misty-eyed...OK, yes I am... but I wanted you to know that you, you and all of the people who chip in, make me so proud of what we have accomplished here and so happy that I started this thing a year ago. I remember something George Spiro Dibie said in our very first interview that goes something like "Don't ever think you make a movie. It's about the team." So thank you, Keith. Whatever you need, just ask. I'm doing a DW workshop this week since I haven't learned anything about web stuff since selling our Internet company 10 years ago and alot has changed so I'll try to learn as much as I can so I can assist/ contribute as you do your thing. But producing this and my other shows is a full-time job so thanks to you and the Lord above for signing on with us and providing your help. We have a very, very tight family here in Team 2U and I wanted to personally welcome you to it. I'll e-mail you my cell, office and home numbers so anything you need, anytime, anywhere... laptop, software, support, private backroom customer support ID and contact numbers or anything else... it's yours to use... just ask. And again, Welcome To The Team, Keith.
Jonathan
Old August 6th, 2006, 12:47 PM   #7
New Boot

Hey, me and my partner would be willing to do something like this, my email is tcemerson@gmail.com

Send me a email and I can give you a resume.

Thanks!
Old August 6th, 2006, 05:03 PM   #8
Capt. Quirk

Jonathan- Its cool, man... all the wonderful things you and your 2nd Unit crew have been doing is a wonderful gift. I'm only too happy to do what I can to recipricate. I'm downloading the trial of dreamweaver now, since it wouldn't be right to use that old copy I um... found, some years ago.
Old August 6th, 2006, 06:30 PM   #9
2nd Unit TV

Thanks, Keith. With the great response we're getting to the web person needed posting, you're going to be able to work as a team with some other DVI people to share the responsibility if you want. You were first to respond and we're very mindful that time is a prescious commodity so we share responsibilities as much as we can..like between Paolo, Jaime and me. We all have our "day jobs" but we also care so much about the filmmaking community that we make time to do 2nd Unit as was well. So, we want you to be able to work with other web professionals who have offered their help as well. There's alot of work to do expanding the site to include editorial story postings by viewers, short shows and a number of other things viewers are asking for. I never thought I'd say this but the web site really does matter more than I thought!!! There was someone who complained a long time back that the site sucked and I basically said that it wasn't about the site but about the content. You know what? He knew what he was talking about and I didn't so, whomever that was, if you're reading this, please accept my appology for not being the forward thinker you were and are.

e-Mail me your address and I'll have what you need sent out to you from Adobe. We're rather a split company. I've been Windows for, literally, 15 years when the company my wife and I built and sold during the Internet boom years was Windows-based. Then I met Paolo and simply fell in love with the entire Mac program from their incredible sales and customer service methodology, their products like the incredible Pro Book, monitors, i-Pod, the whole shabang. So I made the switch from Windows to Mac but we still have both systems up and running at home and at the studio. And Adobe has been so professional through our relationship with them not caring about what platform we use because 1) their products work on both systems and 2) they're so professionally confident that they're the best in the business they give us the products and the latitude to use and report as we see fit. It really is an incredible feeling to have a company of Adobe's stature and size so confident in our honesty and integrity that they back us and trust us to go with our gut. Like the other sponsors, they're so completely dedicated to education that it's a perfect fit for us. Anyway, that's what you're signing into so we're glad you're aboard. Just let us know what you need and we'll make it happen for you so you don't have to worry about having to say, "Hey, look what I found when I was just walkin' down the street, mindin' my own bidness and this disk done just fell out of a tree and landed right in my backpack!!!" ;-). Look at and use the Dreamweaver download, get used to using it, stay ihn contact with Paolo and me and we'll get the website whipped into shape in no time. I'll be working in private lessons from Adobe so I can be up to speed as well. This really is a team effort and we put alot of emphasis on "Team". Just ask Scott Chambers. That guy's been with us since the beginnning and epitomizes hard work, dedication, honesty and everything a person should be.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > 2nd Unit Television