The Office at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > 2nd Unit Television

2nd Unit Television
Companion discussion forum for the 2nd Unit TV web site.

Old October 14th, 2006, 11:03 AM   #1
Trustee

The Office

Season 2 of "2nd Unit" kicks off with a great interview with Randall Einhorn and Brad Lipson, respectvely the cinematographer and gaffer for the Emmy-Awarded show "The Office". We had actually the honor and pleasure to be on the main set of the show, the Scranton office. A long Steadicam shot, taken by yours truly, brings you litterally behind the scenes of the show and reveals how the outdoor background is prepared and lit.

As usual you can view the episode for free by clicking on the "Current episode" link from the "2nd Unit" website: http://www.2nd-unit.tv
Old October 17th, 2006, 10:16 PM   #2
Inner Circle

You guys raised it to a new level. Excellent!
Old October 18th, 2006, 09:54 PM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Carney
You guys raised it to a new level. Excellent!
Thank you Joe, glad you liked it.
Old October 18th, 2006, 10:29 PM   #4
2nd Unit TV

Hey, Joe. Thanks. As you know, your suport and your recommendations mean the world to us. In fact, it's these comments that have made 2nd Unit the success that it is and we have you to thank for it. We'll keep thing going on our end and you keep telling us how we can get better. We're on the the CTU set of "24" next Tuesday. This is a shoot not to be missed and you're invited if you want to go. This is an extremely CLOSED SET that no one gets on. 2nd Unit is a guest of Rodney Charters, the DOP and Day Vinson, the producer and if you'd like to join us for a once in a lifetime opportunity, you're invited. But I have to warn you; it's a busman's holiday. You'll be working the shoot hard!
Jonathan
Old October 19th, 2006, 12:29 PM   #5
Major Player

I agree too. Your show on the office was great. I personaly think that "2nd unit" should be seen on "Sundance or the indpendent film channel". Maybe that will come in the future but anyways Mr. Johnathon Ames, you have done a great service to our industry and my hats off to you guys.
I still would love to come down and help out on either 2nd unit or the docurama if possable. I can arrange a couple of weeks for you to do with me what you want.
Thanks Joe Bowey, Glendale AZ.
Old October 19th, 2006, 08:19 PM   #6
2nd Unit TV

Tell ya what. We're on-stage with "24" this Tuesday. Why don't you come out, meet the cast and crew of 24 and shoot the episode with us.

Last edited by Jonathan Ames; October 20th, 2006 at 08:03 AM.
Old October 20th, 2006, 09:26 PM   #7
Inner Circle

I think I want a pootie scootie too! (For those of you who don't know what that is, you have to go over to 2nd unit and watch the episode, hehehe).
Old October 20th, 2006, 10:08 PM   #8
2nd Unit TV

Yea, I wanted to order one with a 327 attached but the headers stuck out too far to make it practical.
Old October 22nd, 2006, 04:22 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Great job 2nd Unit guys!

But I must admit, I'm confused. I just watched the current episode, "The Office" Part 2, but somewhere I missed part 1 (?). I looked in past episodes but could not find anything.

Also, I don't see a part 2 for "The Unit" episode, which it refers to. I read some discussion on this in another thread, but I'm still not sure if there will be a part 2 released or not.

Of course, it is 5am and I could be missing something...
Old October 22nd, 2006, 08:40 AM   #10
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Ward
But I must admit, I'm confused. I just watched the current episode, "The Office" Part 2, but somewhere I missed part 1 (?). I looked in past episodes but could not find anything.
Hi Sheila.
My bad, I forgot to link those episodes to the "Old Episodes" page. I'll fix it right away.
Old October 22nd, 2006, 11:00 AM   #11
Trustee

OK, past episodes are on-line now. Sorry for the confusion.
Old October 22nd, 2006, 12:03 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Thanks Paolo! I kept thinking lack of sleep was causing me to miss the obvious, so I'm kinda glad you just forgot to put the links up :-)

You guys are doing great work, thanks!
Old October 22nd, 2006, 01:36 PM   #13
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Ward
Thanks Paolo! I kept thinking lack of sleep was causing me to miss the obvious, so I'm kinda glad you just forgot to put the links up :-)

You guys are doing great work, thanks!
Thanks. It's *my* lack of sleep that makes me make these mistakes :)
Old October 23rd, 2006, 05:54 PM   #14
Inner Circle

Are you still using the JVCs?
Old October 24th, 2006, 08:23 AM   #15
2nd Unit TV

I have to say, it's unbelievably busy aroubnd her with us averaging 16-hour days with El Papel starting up and Season 2 getting off to as start next week. And it's a good thing too. Even with the support we have from people like Sony, Tiffen, Fujinon and others, two major productions at teh same time for a small company is ALOT! But Season 2 starts next week so we hope you're all up for it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > 2nd Unit Television