NAB Party at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > 2nd Unit Television
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

2nd Unit Television
Companion discussion forum for the 2nd Unit TV web site.

Old February 26th, 2007, 07:53 PM   #1
2nd Unit TV

NAB Party

Representing Sony and Adobe, Tiffen, Steadicam and Big Vision, we've come a long way since last year. I remember a small but mighty group of hearty pariers who came over to the mega-coach at Circus Circus last year and had a great time with U/L food and drinks; unpretentious and just a hoot. We're thinking of doing it all again this year. Let us know if youd like to attend and see the best of the best of our sponsors proucts. No sales presures, just fun. So let us know and we'll put the shebang on for you all jut to say thank you. We've come a long, long way in 8 m onths and its our way of saying thank you. And oh yeah, the prizes are better this year too. Full Studio software sets of Adobe suites and Apple suites. Let me knopw so we can buy acordingly.
Old February 26th, 2007, 11:50 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Jonathan sounds sweet

I met Jamie at DV Expo West this last year and will be going to NAB. It would be very awesome to get a chance to meet everyone and make some connections with some very talented people.
P.S. Keep up the good work, your guys are an inspiration.
Old February 27th, 2007, 06:50 AM   #3
Major Player

Yeah, I'd be interested in attending, it would be nice to meet some of you in person.
Old February 27th, 2007, 12:31 PM   #4
2nd Unit TV

We'll be setting the date and time over the next couple of weeks and keep you all posted.
Old February 27th, 2007, 01:58 PM   #5
Major Player

I should be down there this year too.
I'm in!
Old February 27th, 2007, 02:34 PM   #6
Major Player

I'm interested in attending your NAB party also.
Old February 27th, 2007, 04:04 PM   #7
2nd Unit TV

Last year was a blast and this year should be even better. The more new faces, the merrier. I'll keep you posted through this site.
J
Old February 27th, 2007, 05:49 PM   #8
Major Player

Count me and my wife in. Wow time has flown since sitting in your RV. I'll bring some more coffee too.
Are you bringing the RV again?
Old February 27th, 2007, 06:14 PM   #9
2nd Unit TV

Yup. I think I want to keep the informality of the motorcoach because no matter how far we come in this business, we'll always be informal and a family whether you work the shows we do once or are a fixture, it'll always be "just us" with new friends invited. We have soooooooooooo many high-brow NBC, Sony, Panny parties to go to during the week I think keeping the coach as a permanent respite come NAB time goes along with our image. Don't you think? And it has a new HD 42" flat screen and all. By that time, the deal with DrecTV should be done and we'll be screening segments and, more fun, out-takes, from El Papel. Coffee is a great idea, too. That was the best, and unexpected!, gift ever. From the heart and truly appreciated. You two are a class act all the way. Now double the order and we'll pay the difference. That was a REMARKABLE selection of coffee!!!!!!!!!!! We're toying with the idea of doing that week's segment of 2nd Unit from NAB and specifically the coach. What do you think? I mean at the price we paid for our "2nd home", it ain't a bumper pull and should be a great set for the show!
Old February 27th, 2007, 07:35 PM   #10
Major Player

Excellent ideal for doing a episode of 2nd unit at NAB. At the coach would be great. Maybe do a interview or two and produce demo or just introduce each other. I'll bring my camera.
Old March 7th, 2007, 04:14 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Hey Johnathan

As one of the ones there last year. I couldn't break a streak. I'll be there.
Old March 8th, 2007, 12:50 AM   #12
2nd Unit TV

You know, in San Francisco with Adobe the other afternoon I was asked if we were doing the usual party circuit this year at NAB. Having been innundated with this year's A-list invites to the super-quiet, super-exec, invite only parties that our sponsors throw, of course we're putting in an appearance...and then getting the heck out. When one of the 20-somethings dressed in his new suit and tie standing next to his boss was amazed that I wasn't oh so impressed to have been invited to these suares and shocked that I wouldn't be hanging around with "his words not mine, my "people", it gave me the greatest pleasure in the world to tell him that "my people" if I inded have "people" are the guys and girls that were at the coach last year when we launched 2nd Unit not knowing whether or not it would be a boom or a bust. I don't know if it's age or experience or just plain old appreciation for what you all have done for 2nd Unit but given the choice of a network black-tie affair and seing your shorts on the big screen monitor in the coach, kicking back and having a beer or six, I choose the lot at Circus Circus. We're our people. You know week before last when we put Episode 13 I think with Rodney Charters up, we had 43,000 downloads by people that I'll never meet. Sometines they come here and sometines they don't but I always find discussions with them everywhere and I hope everyone of them shows up at the coach because those are "my people" if I have any people that is. All kidding aside, it's you and Joe Bowey and the hundreds of other friends we've made here that make a party a party so the coach it is, the coach it'll always be and I hope Chris and Jarred can make it over this time. And I'm glad Lisa, Chris, Adam and Mark are joining the festivities.
Old March 27th, 2007, 02:40 PM   #13
Major Player

Hi,

Have you guys figured out any specifics as far as date/time for this? Even date and evening/morning/afternoon?
Old March 27th, 2007, 04:11 PM   #14
New Boot

I'm voting for Monday or Tuesday night.
Old March 27th, 2007, 04:19 PM   #15
Major Player

I'll vote for Mon or Tues night also.

Sun and Wed are definitely out for me.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > 2nd Unit Television