Headset Suggestions? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > 360 Panoramic / Spherical + AR & VR
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

360 Panoramic / Spherical + AR & VR
Take a look *around.*

Old April 28th, 2016, 07:50 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Headset Suggestions?

Hello,
Diving into VR, mostly for a client job which will pay for camera setup and more.

Settled on the new Kodak Pixpro 360 4K.

Not finding a ton of info on headsets, other than Amazon, and a lot of their reviews tend to be fake.

What headsets are u using, I'm looking for something around $150 or less. To fit the most amount of smartphones, so rift and Samsung out. Would also like one with the action or trigger buttons built into the headset so no need for a remote.

Any specific ones to look at?
Rick Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2016, 08:25 AM   #2
Sponsor: eSecureSend

Re: Headset Suggestions?

I can't speak to headsets beyond the $12 Cardboard versions. But I do want to point you in that direction because I've been impressed with what the Cardboard can do for so little. I met Gregg Katano at NAB (https://www.linkedin.com/in/greggkatano) and I got one of his company's "Unofficial Cardboard" (which was bought by Google): Unofficial Cardboard -Buy Google Cardboard Inspired 2.0 Plus Mobile VR | Unofficial Cardboard It's really good. It fits my Note 5 really well and I've had all types of friends try them on and they enjoyed the stories/videos that I shared with them.

Edit: I forgot to mention that they do have a trigger button and they have adjustable lenses for folks with wider or thinner faces.
Yasmeen Kashef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2016, 07:11 PM   #3
Wrangler

Re: Headset Suggestions?

I also tend to recommend the plastic Viewmaster. It goes on sale at Best Buy for $20 every once in a while, and it is part of the Cardboard ecosystem. Unfortunately it doesn't have hole for wired headphones so you would have to use bluetooth. View-Master ® - View What's Possible

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > 360 Panoramic / Spherical + AR & VR