DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   360 Panoramic / Spherical + AR & VR (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/360-panoramic-spherical-ar-vr/)
-   -   Kodak PixPro SP360 4K and Adobe/Mettle Skybox 360 workflow test (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/360-panoramic-spherical-ar-vr/534452-kodak-pixpro-sp360-4k-adobe-mettle-skybox-360-workflow-test.html)

Dan Parkes July 31st, 2017 05:53 AM

Kodak PixPro SP360 4K and Adobe/Mettle Skybox 360 workflow test

A 360/VR workflow test of the Kodak PixPro SP360 4K dual camera and Adobe Skybox editing tools. Stitched using the included Kodak PixPro stitching software.

NOTE: Use the YouTube app on mobile devices or Chrome or Firefox on your computer to view in 360. Safari does not support 360. For the best experience, watch in 360 using the YouTube app and a VR headset.

Locations: Trafalgar Square, St Pauls, Millennium Bridge, Hyde Park, Picadilly Circus, Westminster, Big Ben, London Eye

Camera/edit: Dan Parkes
Camera: Kodak PixPro SP360 4K
Edit: Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects
Plugin: Mettle SkyBox

Music: "Charmed Life" by Dave James / Keith Beauvais
Music license: Audio Network

Alfred Okocha October 31st, 2017 02:24 AM

Re: Kodak PixPro SP360 4K and Adobe/Mettle Skybox 360 workflow test

Hi Dan!

Looks quite good! I'm a complete 360 novis and don't know anything... Do you have any experience with the Kodak PIXPRO ORBIT360?
Is that a better or worse camera than yours?

My need would be to film and then post as fast as possible. What's the workflow like? How much time do you need from filmed to posted, if no editing is required?

Cheers.

Dan Parkes October 31st, 2017 03:52 AM

Thanks Alfred.

I don't have the Kodak PIXPRO ORBIT360, although my impression from online reviews is that it is slightly lower quality than the PIXPRO since it is a single camera (the PIXPRO set up requires two 4K cameras). But I might be wrong about that.

As for workflow, if you are not adding any graphics, music or editing the shots together (as in the above video) then the only post time will be stitching, the time for which will depend on the length of the clip and the hardware of the machine doing the work. For my shots, which were about a minute each, the stitching normally took no more than 4-5 minutes (on a MacBookPro) from memory.

Hope that helps!

Alfred Okocha October 31st, 2017 03:56 AM

Alright thanks Dan!

I need something easy to use with fast post workflow. Maybe I'll wait GoPro Fusion to come out.

Dan Parkes October 31st, 2017 04:06 AM

If budget is not a factor then I would recommend the Insta360Pro for the best quality and it also does "on-the-fly" stitching I believe which would save you a lot of time (I know a company that is looking to use it for live streaming). It also has optical stitching to help with stitch lines (which for me is a bigger issue than pixel quality).

Check Philip Bloom's review for more information: Video review of the Insta360 Pro | Philip Bloom- Blog

Also, the Garmin Virb 360 is apparently worth checking for sub-£1k cameras.

Alfred Okocha October 31st, 2017 10:59 AM

Yes, looks nice. A bit pricey for my needs though. Don't think the company would like to pay for that one.

Cheers.