360VR in 2019...and the Future??? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > 360 Panoramic / Spherical + AR & VR
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

360 Panoramic / Spherical + AR & VR
Take a look *around.*

Old February 16th, 2019, 05:09 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: 360VR in 2019...and the Future???

That pun was absolutely not intended!
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2019, 03:28 AM   #17
Major Player

I have no interest in 360 video or VR at all, but I was watching a TV programme last night which did a piece on agricultural training, where they are using VR to give students an immersive experience before letting them loose in a potentially dangerous farm environment. Seems like a good use of it to me.
Dave Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2019, 10:55 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I know posters like Gary are out there, and seem to already have their minds made up, and I'm not here to convince others that this is lucrative and here to stay. I'm just staying on top of it, trying to figure out what will take off, and what will not

As far as my Hospital example, Gary, it offers a real life example so certain employees can view rooms they otherwise would not be able to experience. When I mentioned "every square inch", was just a figure of speech, not to be taken so literally. The "Mistakes" in the room are typical in that environment, being seen without issue on headsets, exactly what the clients wanted.

I am a regular old Video Producer, developing standard video productions for a long time, and will keep doing so - that pays my bills. But if someone wants to pay me to produce something in 360, and they pay (like my example), I'm surely not gonna turn it down.
Rick Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2019, 12:30 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Miller View Post
But if someone wants to pay me to produce something in 360, and they pay (like my example), I'm surely not gonna turn it down.
Well, yeah, of course, but I had a single client in 2016 pushing me to invest in 360 capture tech, and said he'd have work for me. I told him I would be able to capture whatever he needed in 360, just give me the word.

I'm still waiting. Glad I didn't preemptively spend the money on the gear.

But you set up a whole site around 360 video production. How many paid jobs have you had in 2018? Just the one?
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2019, 02:09 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Yup, built that site on down time in the summer when really dead around here. I used to design websites, so zero dollars were spent on that. It was a good way for me to really learn WordPress, I used to use Dreamweaver back in the day.

As far as money invested, it really wasn't much. I just totaled up all my gear, and all right around $1400. I already pay for Premiere Pro, so annual software covered.

In 2018 I had (5) total paid jobs (in addition to 3 freebies), and invoices totaled $4100. A handful of my clients declined allowing me to place my videos on my site, just for internal use only. All of these clients were not interested in regular video productions.

I, like you, am waiting. If I get more jobs, that would be great. If not, that's fine. I'm the kinda guy that tries to keep on top of emerging technology, but still too early to tell on 360 for sure.
Rick Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2019, 04:30 PM   #21
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Miller View Post
In 2018 I had (5) total paid jobs (in addition to 3 freebies), and invoices totaled $4100. A handful of my clients declined allowing me to place my videos on my site, just for internal use only. All of these clients were not interested in regular video productions.
Sounds like clients aren't willing to spend much (if anything) on this service, so my estimation on what's in demand sounds right on point.

Last edited by Gary Huff; February 19th, 2019 at 08:25 AM.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > 360 Panoramic / Spherical + AR & VR