Adding 360 Video to my biz? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > 360 Panoramic / Spherical + AR & VR

360 Panoramic / Spherical + AR & VR
Take a look *around.*

Old February 3rd, 2016, 07:47 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Adding 360 Video to my biz?

This board has been quiet since being added, but I am thinking about adding a 360 cam to my offerings. Having seen numerous 360 videos posted on YouTube and Facebook, it looks like more than a fad?

I'm interested in the upcoming Nikon Keymission camera. Anyone else out there thinking about adding this option? I'm trying to figure out if my clients would be interested in paying me to do these types of videos. Maybe for tourism, travel, music?
Rick Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2016, 03:18 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Adding 360 Video to my biz?

Yes, I am quite curious about this as well. Now that Facebook and YouTube support it (plus various pr0n sites too!! :-o ) this is certainly ready to be consumed by the mainstream.

Only problem is cost: several thousand dollars in hardware, easily a few thousand dollars more in software, plus dozens (if not hundreds) of hours invested in learning it and getting it up and running to the max.

Does it make it financial sense? What would be your proposed rates to charge for 360 video projects? Where would you find clients?

I'm right on the edge of deciding to build a 360 degree video rig..... I've spent/wasted/procrastinated maybe hundreds of hours already researching all the aspects of it. The last two big questions I have is if it will make financial sense and what might NAB 2016 bring? (thus I'm waiting to see if NAB announcements mean it changes away from 6x GoPros rig as the best 360 setup, rather than spending heaps on this the week before only for a big announcement to happen at NAB which changes the game!)
David Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2016, 04:16 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: Adding 360 Video to my biz?

Just cobble together 6 old cameras you have lying around all on one stick and pointing in different directions. Do some shooting and free stitching and hava look see
Bruce Dempsey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > 360 Panoramic / Spherical + AR & VR