DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/3d-stereoscopic-production-delivery/)
-   -   Sanyo FH1 stereoscopic (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/3d-stereoscopic-production-delivery/466507-sanyo-fh1-stereoscopic.html)

Giroud Francois October 26th, 2009 03:34 PM

Sanyo FH1 stereoscopic

here is a strereoscopic file made with 2 Sany FH1 a 1080p.
just the raw shot, taken from the SD card, converted to Cineform , then half-sized in virtualdub, converted to wmv with media encoder and muxed to have left and right in same file.
the camera is really giving as much as it can for the low price , but it has nothing to do with full HD.
The great thing is you can mount two of these camera with only 2 inches of spacing.
with the remote control you can easily start and stop almost with frame accuracy.

http://www.giroud.com/divers/out.wmv - about 230Mb

not really usefull if you do not get the hardware for 3D viewing, but the mediaplayer will play only one side , so you get an idea.
Best viewed with stereoscopic player and a Zalman screen.

Prech Marton October 31st, 2009 02:25 AM

Hello,

nice, thanks for sharing.
But you have to watch out for window violation!
Was the camcorders parallel? If yes, you should correct
the depth position while editing.
Stereo Window Violation

Pavel Houda October 31st, 2009 06:23 PM

You did a great job with the two Sanyos. I watched the video on 82" Mitsubishi DLP and the alignment was just fine. You can use the floating window trick that is described in the book recomended by this forum. There is also a tutorial on it elsewhere, but I really enjoyed how you managed to capture the space in many, many layers. I am very impressed. Thanks for sharing.

Paul Cascio November 1st, 2009 06:00 AM

Is that video still available? I couldn't get the page to load.

What do you need to see it in 3-D?

Also, what is "muxing"?

Thanks

Giroud Francois November 1st, 2009 06:15 AM

well that was just a concept test, without following any rules (and so, violating almost all of them). The target is to be able to shoot like with a regular camcorder and still get workable video, even if few rules are broken in the process.

I am pretty happy with the setup for these reasons:
-small cameras allow parallel mounting (5 to 7 cm)
-the weight and size of assembly still comfortably fit in your hand.
-the remote control allows start recording on both camera at the frame, so less work at editing for eventual sync.
- the remote control allow zooming of both camera at exact same time, so it can be used while shooting.
-the price of camera is very low.

there are few drawbacks:
-despite the camera claims full HD 1080p60 at 24mb/s, the quality of picture is FAR lower than even my sony hdv FX1, not speaking about my EX1.
- low light sensitivity is inexistent.
- manual control does not exist, while remote control can allow few tricks.
- video outputs are on the side, so installing the cable is not possible for the 2nd camera.

for Halloween i shot my kids and tested zoom feature, i will post another clip asap.
that was a pretty crowded place, so again, it is difficult to follow any rule there).

The next step will be to use both camera to get a side by side panoramic picture (by stitching the video) and eventually the ultimate step would be 4 cam setup (3d panoramic).

Giroud Francois November 1st, 2009 07:48 AM

muxing is merging the left and right movie into a unique file, so you do not need to provide a left and right file to the player.
muxing is available in many format , like AVI , MPEG, Quicktime, but is not very common.
the advantage of muxing is it looks transparent to 2d players, since they will play only the left side, while 3d players will play 3D.
the file should still available and i will provide a new one soon with better (i hope) take.
For instance my goal is not to make perfect 3D movie, but rather explore the possibility of making them with simple, cheap equipement and minimum care while shooting.

Giroud Francois November 1st, 2009 08:02 AM

for viewing you need a 3d player (the 3d stereoscopic player being the best)
3dtv.at

and some hardware.
The easiest is a 3d capable lcd monitor. the cheapest being the Zalman Trimon 22", about 300$, that you can use as regular monitor, so it does not hurt to get one, even for occasional 3d viewing/editing. The monitor comes with a pair of polarized glass.
the other cheap solution would be to have a Sharp 3D monitor, but unfortunately they are not available anymore. They were great because you do not need glasses.
If you got a Nvidia 3d capable display adapter, you can use special lcd shutter glasses.
They work great and you can use almost any regular LCD monitor.
if you need to go to big size screen, a dual projector setup with polarized glass is the way to go. Mainly because the glasses required are cheap (about 4$ each).
this require also a metallized screen.

Serge Victorovich November 28th, 2009 12:45 PM

It is possible to capture 1080p60 via hdmi or component to Cineform 4:2:2?

Giroud Francois November 28th, 2009 04:24 PM

i think so if you got a some card supporting it . The cheap blackmagic intensity pro is not able, but probably a more expensive model could.
but usually what you get is recorded video (on memory card), so there is no need to capture , just to transfer the files from the memory card, then convert with cineform utility

there are very few camera that can output 1080p60, most of them do only 1080p30.

Serge Victorovich November 29th, 2009 02:41 PM

Thanks. For stereoscopic capture to Cineform 1080p60 need card like VisionRGB-E2 Dual Channel Capture Card: Datapath - VisionRGB-E2 Dual Channel HD / HDMI / DVI / RGB / VGA Capture Card
But i can not believe in 1080p60 output from hdmi or component of Sanyo camcorders fh1 or hd2000 :)