Panasonic Unveils World's First Integrated Full HD 3D Camcorder at CES 2010 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old January 12th, 2010, 11:33 AM   #16
Inner Circle

It does appear after all to be dual sensor, which is good. It also makes sense as for Panasonic (or any other camera manufacturer) to take two cameras and repackage them in a single enclosure with shared control and timing circuitry would be fairly straight forward. Shame they don't also give it a stereoscopic viewfinder finder (or pair of finders), again I would have thought this would be pretty easy to do.
Old January 13th, 2010, 07:05 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Mills View Post
I saw this camera's live output displayed at CES. It looks promising. The Panasonic rep I grilled wouldn't give me any info on codecs/sensors/etc as he said it was still "subject to change". Now if only that price tag could come down...
I don't think, the price is a problem. If for professional use it is actually cheap compared to the other options around. Just consider all the rigs, two cameras, the stuff you need to sync two cameras etc.
If you use it for example for documentaries, it will not be more expensive than a bigger pro-camera at the moment. Hopefully the quality is sufficent. But maybe there is an option to connect the NanoFlash (or two??).
It would be nice to have at least an anaglyph output on the viewfinder/screen, to monitor it in 3D while shooting. Otherwise you still have to rely on expensive external 3D-monitors or a complicated set-up with laptop and lots of cables or the stereobrain set-up.

Best regards,
Jürgen
Juergen Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 09:32 AM   #18
Trustee

I like Alisters suggestion of a twin stereoscopic viewfinder. That would make the most sense and also the most practical.
Simon Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010, 03:50 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Here's another 3d-Video cam I found by chance. Produced by 3d-One, a dutch-german startup.

3D-one Home

They say, the cp 30 is already on sale, and the next model (cp 31) is up to come within six months. price: 40.000€
Jan Luethje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 03:45 AM   #20
Major Player

lol: *First

*) First full HD, dual lens pro camcorder with memorycards

This means I can be the **first as well.

3D-one has already a full-HD stereoscopic camera (cp31) on sale now with removable harddisk and 2 HDMI connections (up to 4:4:4, but I've heard 4:2:2 is also possible: maybe interesting for the NanoFlash-3D?). They have been developing 3D-camcorders since 2005 for ESA (European Space Agency), so they were already there before the 'new hype' started.

I saw some footage yesterday: it looks real good. It wasn't a 'fancy film with dramatic 3D effects', but documentairy shot footage of the preperations of the laugh of a russion rocket to the ISS. It looked very natural. (And no headache: few months ago a watched some demofootage on a screen with 'shutters': my head exploded. But I've learned it's not only the camera, but also the knowledge about the limits of stereoscopic film/animation)

**)First full HD, dual lens with memorycards and delevered in the color green only and a solar panel on top.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery