Two HMC150s at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old January 25th, 2010, 12:38 AM   #1
Major Player

Two HMC150s

I have two HMC150s and have not produced anything in 3d yet, but am concerned that they might not work because the lenses would have to be at least six inches apart. My theory is that the farther away the cameras are from each other, the farther away I would have to be from my talent.

Also, I have an SD projector and a white screen. I'm thinking it should work, but wanted to check. It sounds like it would need to be anaglyph, and it sounds like that's the lowest quality. I'd like to use 3d for presentations, where everyone has cheap glasses.
Old January 25th, 2010, 07:58 AM   #2
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana Salsbury View Post
My theory is that the farther away the cameras are from each other, the farther away I would have to be from my talent.
Yes, as per the 1/30 rule, which states that in hyperstereo the cameras should be separated 1/30 of the distance of the closest object your cameras see.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery