Bororo 3D - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old August 9th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #16
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister Chapman View Post
Vegas 3D should be released at IBC next month.
Good, then I can retire. :) If they do it right, that is.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2010, 07:44 PM   #17
Tourist

My way to thank you

Hi again Adam, thanks for your very quick reply.
I would have answered right back, but i prefered to do a serious research about your illness (diabetes)
and i came up with a useful guide to deal with it, with nature products only. The link is below:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

The guide was in my country language, so i translated the best i could, even technical terms...
however, is more than possible that some translation errors are present, but i guess that youŽll
overcome that by paying close attention to the context...
The original source was not taken from some internet website, it was taken from a trustful
publication, but donŽt take just my word for it... confirm these facts with a doctor, if you find necessary...
Health is a very important, even vital subject, so i leave this to your consideration,
only hoping that it can be somewhat useful...

Best regards,

Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Stanislav View Post
Hello, Daniel.

No, I have no plans to write Premiere Pro plug-ins. I was actually going to write a 3D editor from scratch last year. I was hoping to have it done by the end of last year, but my diabetes got the best out of me. So, I wrote a Vegas plug-in instead.

The problem is that Vegas (and just about any other editor I am familiar with) is simply not designed with 3D in mind, so it requires a lot of tweaking and juggling around the way it is designed to make 3D imagery. There are things I would like to do with it that I simply could not find a way of doing.

Essentially, the easiest (relatively speaking) way to work around the limitations is to do any compositing first, separately for the left and right views, render each view to a separate file using a non-lossy compression, then open the two files in Vegas and combine them into a 3D stream. I know this requires an extra step (and spare disk space, unfortunately) but, again, Vegas was not designed with 3D in mind.

Sony is talking about adding 3D support in the next version of Vegas. As far as I am concerned, I'll believe it when I see it.

I really wish I could just create a 3D video editor from scratch. It is not that difficult in principle. My main obstacle (beside my poor health) is the plethora of file formats, the most popular of which are not freely documented. For example, the documentation for the MXF format is on a CD from SMPTE and costs $500. That may be pocket change for Sony and Adobe but it is a lot of money for me. And that is just one popular professional file format.
Daniel Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2010, 07:48 PM   #18
Tourist

Many thanks for the info!

Hello, Alister Chapman,

Many thanks for the valuable info! Looking forward to explore the new possibilities of Vegas 3D!

Best regards,

Daniel
Daniel Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2010, 01:07 PM   #19
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Bravo View Post
Hi again Adam, thanks for your very quick reply.
I would have answered right back, but i prefered to do a serious research about your illness (diabetes)
and i came up with a useful guide to deal with it, with nature products only.
Thanks, Daniel. After 30 years of having diabetes, nature products alone are not going to cut it for me. I started taking insulin a little over a month ago, and am feeling much better now (that is also why I was not here on the forum for quite a while, as I had to take care of my health first). But I did download your file. Thanks.
Old April 30th, 2011, 10:39 AM   #20
New Boot

Re: Bororo 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Stanislav View Post
OK, we have been talking about it a bit, but now it is official. My Bororo 3D plug-in for Sony Vegas is out and available, in both 32 bits and 64 bits. So, no matter whether you use the 32-bit version of Sony Vegas or the 64-bit version, you can now use it to produce 3D videos.
Adam,
Thanks for your efforts in creating this plugin. I have tried to get it to work with Sony Vegas 10 (not the Pro version) with no success. (Perhaps I am doing something wrong.) Do you know if the plugin will work with this version? I have downloaded the trial version. I do not want to pay for the new version if it does not work with the plugin.
Robert Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 02:46 PM   #21
Trustee

I know it works with Vegas Pro (including v10). I do not know about the non-Pro versions of Vegas.

Though Vegas 10 (at least the Pro version) can handle 3D on its own, which makes my plug-in much less important.
Old April 30th, 2011, 03:11 PM   #22
New Boot

When I try to make a side by side 3d video, the same image is displayed in both views.
Robert Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 09:33 PM   #23
Trustee

You have to specify one of them as left, the other as right.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery