3D Rig at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old February 9th, 2010, 01:57 AM   #1
Trustee

3D Rig

Hi
We are planning a 3D horror film to be projected on 3D. What is the best technology available at the moment for rental?
Should I go for Pace or REDs or SI-2Ks? Are there any non-DIY options? I want to meet DCI compliance standards so I'll probably need a 2K resolution. This automatically cancels out most prosumer formats.
I would prefer tried and tested formats and camera systems so the pipeline is smooth, even if turns out to be a tad expensive. What kind of rental costs can I expect and how much "Extra" does a 3D shoot add to a production that is otherwise neutral in all aspects (discounting post production)?
Searching the web has left me exhausted. There is so much info but nothing quite reliable and definite that helps making an informed decision. I hope to avoid surprises.
Thanks.
Old February 9th, 2010, 11:09 PM   #2
Major Player

I would hazard an extremely roughly guess that stereoscopic will add at LEAST and extra 70% to your camera department costs.

If doing a good job is your first and foremost concern you will need a professional, experienced stereographer to manage your shoot. Finding one should be your top priority.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery