DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/3d-stereoscopic-production-delivery/)
-   -   Adjustable bracket to attach two video cameras (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/3d-stereoscopic-production-delivery/474071-adjustable-bracket-attach-two-video-cameras.html)

Steve Shovlar March 3rd, 2010 04:29 PM

Adjustable bracket to attach two video cameras

OK I have done a quick search but can't find anything. How can I mount two video cameras alongside each other to fit onto my Satchler tripod?

Has anyone like Manfrotto manufactured such a mount or will I have to make my own?
Thanks
Steve

Don Bloom March 3rd, 2010 04:44 PM

Monfrotto does manufacture something like that. I seem to recall a flat bar type attachment that went to either a QR on the main head and then you mounted 2 heads one on either end for the cameras but can't find that one. There is another type of mount on their website that might work. It's the #131 I think. It's under video tripod accessories, clamps and brackets. I went to copy the URL to it and my fingers slipped on my keyboard
:-( so I not only lost it but almost shut down my laptop, sorry.
GOT IT!!!! Here it is. tripods, heads, monopods, light stands, camera supports, lighting supports, professional tripod 131DD - CROSS ARM,DBL END+DBL HD SUPPR
Number 131DD

Steve Shovlar March 3rd, 2010 04:56 PM

Thanks Don that looks pretty good. I am unsure how I would fit it to a quick release but it's got to be doable. PLus I can slide the cameras to different settings.

Thanks
Steve

Adam Stanislav March 3rd, 2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Bloom (Post 1494447)
Monfrotto does manufacture something like that.

Interesting tool. Here are some reviews. Though I think I'd find these tools easier to use.

Don Bloom March 3rd, 2010 07:36 PM

Steve, it appears that the bottom is flat and I would assume (although I hate to do that cause you know what people say about assuming anything) that the bottom is tapped with a 3/8 hole to thread on to either a center column or ball the same as you would attach a typical head. So if thats the case, simply attach the slide plate to the bottom and attach to the tripod head on the tripod as you would a camera. Depending on which QR plate would work either the 577 or 357 (longer plate). I believe the plates can be purchased seperately but I might be wrong about that.

Steve Shovlar March 4th, 2010 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Stanislav (Post 1494522)
Interesting tool. Though I think I'd find these tools easier to use.

Thats more like it. A bit more sturdy than the Manfrotto.
Thanks
Steve

Steve Shovlar March 6th, 2010 02:48 PM

Just found this on Ebay and ordered one. So cheap it's worth a look. Feedback on the item seems very good.

Dual Camera Bracket Mount 2 Cameras 3D Stereoscopic NEW on eBay (end time 01-Apr-10 20:25:56 BST)