Adjustable bracket to attach two video cameras at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old March 3rd, 2010, 04:29 PM   #1
Major Player

Adjustable bracket to attach two video cameras

OK I have done a quick search but can't find anything. How can I mount two video cameras alongside each other to fit onto my Satchler tripod?

Has anyone like Manfrotto manufactured such a mount or will I have to make my own?
Thanks
Steve
Steve Shovlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2010, 04:44 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Monfrotto does manufacture something like that. I seem to recall a flat bar type attachment that went to either a QR on the main head and then you mounted 2 heads one on either end for the cameras but can't find that one. There is another type of mount on their website that might work. It's the #131 I think. It's under video tripod accessories, clamps and brackets. I went to copy the URL to it and my fingers slipped on my keyboard
:-( so I not only lost it but almost shut down my laptop, sorry.
GOT IT!!!! Here it is. tripods, heads, monopods, light stands, camera supports, lighting supports, professional tripod 131DD - CROSS ARM,DBL END+DBL HD SUPPR
Number 131DD
Old March 3rd, 2010, 04:56 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Don that looks pretty good. I am unsure how I would fit it to a quick release but it's got to be doable. PLus I can slide the cameras to different settings.

Thanks
Steve
Old March 3rd, 2010, 07:13 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Bloom View Post
Monfrotto does manufacture something like that.
Interesting tool. Here are some reviews. Though I think I'd find these tools easier to use.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2010, 07:36 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Steve, it appears that the bottom is flat and I would assume (although I hate to do that cause you know what people say about assuming anything) that the bottom is tapped with a 3/8 hole to thread on to either a center column or ball the same as you would attach a typical head. So if thats the case, simply attach the slide plate to the bottom and attach to the tripod head on the tripod as you would a camera. Depending on which QR plate would work either the 577 or 357 (longer plate). I believe the plates can be purchased seperately but I might be wrong about that.
Old March 4th, 2010, 03:05 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Stanislav View Post
Interesting tool. Though I think I'd find these tools easier to use.
Thats more like it. A bit more sturdy than the Manfrotto.
Thanks
Steve
Old March 6th, 2010, 02:48 PM   #7
Major Player

Just found this on Ebay and ordered one. So cheap it's worth a look. Feedback on the item seems very good.

Dual Camera Bracket Mount 2 Cameras 3D Stereoscopic NEW on eBay (end time 01-Apr-10 20:25:56 BST)
Steve Shovlar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery